Home

Roster update not complete.

This is a discussion on Roster update not complete. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Roster update not complete.

I can't wait to see all the Patriots CHEESERS jump on the Cowboys bandwagon online now.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Ocho Cinco wont be on Chad Johnson's uniform cuz reebok wants $500,000 or sum crap like that. found a quote actually

"The NFL said Ocho Cinco "has a financial obligation to Reebok, which produces the jerseys available to fans. That has to be resolved before the on-field jersey can be changed." The cost to change the jersey could be $500,000."
Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 PM   #11
Rookie

Murkurial's Arena

OVR: 5

^^Reebok and the NFL are also very close partners so how much do you wanna be this is Goodell just trying to stick it back to CJ. You know Johnson's not footing half a mil to get that on the back of his jersey. As much as I'd like for him to (assuming that $500,000 that you're talking about is expected to come from him).

Last edited by Murkurial; 09-09-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
lol you have great observations, now that you said the obvious what do you want to do next.
Your cool dude.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:02 AM   #13
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial
^^Reebok and the NFL are also very close partners so how much do you wanna be this is Goodell just trying to stick it back to CJ. You know Johnson's not footing half a mil to get that on the back of his jersey. As much as I'd like for him to (assuming that $500,000 that you're talking about is expected to come from him).
I'd say that's exactly what it is. It's not like Reebok would have any trouble selling a ton of new OCHO CINCO jerseys. The NFL is doing this because it's Chad Johnson. If it was just some random 2nd string RB who had converted to Islam and changing his last name from Jones to Ali, there wouldn't be any issue here.

CJ: I want to use a nickname on my jersey
NFL: No.
CJ: *legal name change* ha ha ha
NFL: nice try, but it's still no. We're the NFL, we can do that.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #14
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan224
Chad johnson is still chad johnson.
The name change on Chad Johnsons jersey isn't going to happen anytime soon.

"He has a financial obligation to Reebok, which produces the jerseys available to fans. That has to be resolved before the on-field jersey can be changed. There’s a large inventory of jerseys that are out there with 85 Johnson. Any player that changes a number or changes his name has to address that so that our licensing is not stuck with a large inventory."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-ochocinco&prov=ap&type=lgns
Old 09-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #15
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The name change on Chad Johnsons jersey isn't going to happen anytime soon.

"He has a financial obligation to Reebok, which produces the jerseys available to fans. That has to be resolved before the on-field jersey can be changed. There’s a large inventory of jerseys that are out there with 85 Johnson. Any player that changes a number or changes his name has to address that so that our licensing is not stuck with a large inventory."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-ochocinco&prov=ap&type=lgns
That's a nice official sounding reason, but I still think it's partially BS. I've never heard of players having to pay reebok if they get traded or sign with new teams, and that does the same damn thing to their jersey inventory. Did Chad Pennington have to give Reebok a load of money to get rid of all those Jets jerseys? What's the difference? (If he did, then I guess I have no argument... but it's still BS in my view)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Please post about rosters in this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...er-update.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »