Home

The Needle – Injecting life into Madden “2010” Extreme detail inside...

This is a discussion on The Needle – Injecting life into Madden “2010” Extreme detail inside... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
The Needle – Injecting life into Madden “2010” Extreme detail inside...

The Needle – Injecting life into Madden “2010” Extreme detail inside…

Let me start by saying, I know the mod’s have been really “iffy” of new threads that only discuss things that have already been established. I know we’ve discussed “Madden needs more presentation” to death, and I’m sure the developers get the point (at least that is the hope). Well this thread will be a tad bit different. I am going to go into extreme detail on what I feel could be replaced or implemented to help the over-all atmosphere of the game. So Brian and CB, I hope this thread will be worthy of approval as I have defiantly spent more than a few weeks playing Madden and countless pausing to write notes on what I think could be done to give it more life.

Note: These are not like the animations thread in which has become spammed with player specific animations; my ideas would affect the game as a whole.>>

Make every PLAYER on the field, FEEL differently. This would eliminate robotic players and none life-like game play.

LET’S START WITH CORNERBACKS

|CORNER BACK TYPE and AGGRESSION|

As we all know cornerbacks in the NFL are often all alone on an island, even when playing zone no-one of the field takes more heat than the cornerback when a receiver makes a big play.

CORNER TYPE
Here’s how it breaks down – You have THREE types of corner:

CoverThis corner rarely goes for the INT unless he knows the probability is great (such as a QB over-throw or under throw). More suited for zone defenses this corner will struggle at times in man to man.

AggressiveThis corner possesses incredible hands and can keep up with any receiver. His strengths are that he excels in heavy man-to-man coverage. His downside is he takes A LOT of chances (over pursues, bites on play actions at a higher percentages) in order to make the “big play”.

HawkThis corner is rare. Possessing the ability to both cover and be aggressive. He can excel in any area of coverage be it man-to-man or zone, and rarely makes mistakes.

AGGRESSION – I call this mode “Zone”
I’ve looked at the NCAA 09 game-play, how certain plays affect if that player is “hot or cold” and I think Madden NFL should expand on this. In Gears of War “active-reloading” is sometimes essential to give oneself that “needed” boost needed to really change the momentum of the match. It’s almost a game within a game, do it just right and you temporarily have added aggression and power. Like wise if you do it wrong, you become temporarily jammed and vulnerable. Most importantly it all involves a simple click of a button and doesn’t take away from the grand scope of the game. In short it is a “game within the game” – much like playing cornerback in the NFL.

How it work?
Give the player 4 opportunities to enter “Zone” mode at any time during the game. When initiated a small icon will appear you would have to press at the correct time to initiate the process (or you can get creative here and do whatever to have it initiate).

Risk versus Reward, smart players could use “Zone” during obvious passing situations (3rd and long, fourth and long .etc) if they are trailing in the game giving them a much higher probability of an INT, pass deflection or fumble. Alternately, if the player say failed to enter “Zone” mode correctly his CB has a much higher percentage of slipping or allow a big play. The system could work in the same fashion as the beloved “hit stick”.

Last edited by Jetpac; 09-11-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »