Home

Audibles question...

This is a discussion on Audibles question... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Audibles question...

I picked the Steelers for my favorite team, since that is my favorite team. I have the Bills in my current league so I play with them most of the time. When I go to set up my audibles it only brings up the Pittsburgh playbook though. How do I get to the Bills playbook? If I have to change my favorite team to do it, how do I do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Audibles question...

you don't have to change your favorite team. you have to set your audibles outside of a game. there should be an option to change your playbook in the strategy > audibles menu. there you can select the bills playbook and set new audibles.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
you don't have to change your favorite team. you have to set your audibles outside of a game. there should be an option to change your playbook in the strategy > audibles menu. there you can select the bills playbook and set new audibles.
That's where I tried to do it. I couldn't change the playbook from the steelers playbook.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

You don't change it in the Audibles section. I'm not near my 360 right now so I can't tell you exactly how to get to it cause I don't remember. I know you need to go into My Madden, but can't remember the name of the next menu you need to enter after that. Maybe Gameplay is what it's called. The screen it's located in let's you choose your favorite team, offensive playbook (Team Specific or otherwise), defensive playbook (team specific or otherwise), and about 6-8 more options other than those. When you change a playbook it will pop-up a message telling you that your saved audibles will be overwritten, then you will need to go back into the audibles menu to set those up again. I'll check back here when I get home and see if you've found it, if not i'll fire up the game and give you specific direction to get to the correct screen.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
You don't change it in the Audibles section. I'm not near my 360 right now so I can't tell you exactly how to get to it cause I don't remember. I know you need to go into My Madden, but can't remember the name of the next menu you need to enter after that. Maybe Gameplay is what it's called. The screen it's located in let's you choose your favorite team, offensive playbook (Team Specific or otherwise), defensive playbook (team specific or otherwise), and about 6-8 more options other than those. When you change a playbook it will pop-up a message telling you that your saved audibles will be overwritten, then you will need to go back into the audibles menu to set those up again. I'll check back here when I get home and see if you've found it, if not i'll fire up the game and give you specific direction to get to the correct screen.
Thanks man, got it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, I was wondering about this one, anybody know a way to have team specific audibles, meaning a different audible set for each team?

Here's the scenario, I primarily use the Colts online, but sometimes I want to use other teams... Now I know that I can set it up to have my Colts playbook audibles for any game using the My Madden/Game settings menu.... The problem is that I don't want the Colts playbook for every team. So lets say I want to use the Steelers, if I have it set to "Team Specific" in the My Madden/game settings menu, I will get the generic audibles for the Steelers and my custom audibles if I use the Colts.... So how can I have more than one custom audible set?

I have thought that multiple user profiles would work, just name one "Steelers", and another "Jets" and whatnot, but the problem with that is that each profile could not sign into xbox live because Madden doesn't allow guest play (I think), anyone have a solution?

Here's a new Idea, sign in with player one with my XBL profile (the one that has the colts audbles and boot madden. Then sign in with player two as "Steelers" then try to play an online game. Now I am doubting this will work, but I will try it when I get home... I am really doubting EA has any sort of "guest play"....

Help?!?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Yeah, I was wondering about this one, anybody know a way to have team specific audibles, meaning a different audible set for each team?

Now i'm not sure if this would work, i've never tried it as I only play with the Raiders every year, but you could give it a try. Leave your Playbook set to Team Specific, set your Favorite team to Colts, and then setup your audibles and save Profile. Now change your Favorite Team to whomever else you plan on using and do the same thing again including setting up the audibles, without saving Profile for the moment. Change Favorite Team back to the Colts and see if the audibles you setup for them earlier are still the same or if they have reverted back to the generic ones. If they're what you previously setup now switch Favorite Team back to the other team and see what the audibles look like. If everything looks good, then save your Profile and continue doing this for any other teams you plan on using. If it didn't work, don't save and just reload the game so your audibles for the Colts are still right and you don't have to redo them.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Very nice idea.... I am going to try this right now......

I need this because I want to try more teams than the colts....

Any way we could get this in for 2010?

It would get more people trying diff teams!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »