Home

How to NOT!!! Play Madden...Horrible

This is a discussion on How to NOT!!! Play Madden...Horrible within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: How to NOT!!! Play Madden...Horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
and this year it will be something else with NBA 2K that the on line cheesers exploit and when/if Madden fixes some of these issues, it will be something else that cheesers exploit. I seriously doubt that you'll ever be able to stop it. I hope I'm wrong, but am afraid that I'm not.

If the end user is dead-set on cheesing and exploiting the game, then that is exactly whats going to happen. Nothing will ever change that fact, especially in video games. Unless you completely take away control and customization from the user, games will always be exploited.

Just my .02
Countryboy..I hear your point but I think if realistic measures are put into place it would drastically change how the game is played. I'm sure you watch the NFL.

1.Most NFL QB's can only audible into a protection/blocking scheme and play call change within the confines of the 40 second play clock. This should be reflected in Madden and if your on the road it should be even more difficult to get a play off(That's why winning on the road is so hard). Anything more than 2 audibles should lead to a higher frequency of false starts,delay of game penalties, and busted assignments. Only the elite QB's in the game (Brady and Manning) known for dissecting defenses should be able to walk to the line calling numerous audibles and be able to successfully lead an offense down the field.

2. You drop more than 10 yds and your success rate to complete a pass drops to 5% or less. Dropping back that far allows defenses greater reaction time because the ball would be in the air for a longer period time. QB protection should break down immediately and QB accuracy should decrease substantially as well.

3. Play recognition. The more a defense see's a play the more apt they should become at stopping it. You run fullback dive more than twice in a series and the D should begin to stuff it. FB dives usually gain 1yd or less. FB's should be dramatically slow thus deterring guys from constantly handing him the football.

4. You want to run no huddle? Be my guest. Although, fatigue should be a major issue if you are constantly running this the entire game coupled with numerous audibles. Guys who run constant no huddle should see have extremely fatigued players who drop in speed and effectiveness depending on what route the run and time of possession. Also, running the no huddle should effect your defense as well because they are on the field longer. You may score quick but that means your defense only got a short blow so now they should have to deal with fatigue issues. Loss of strength/speed as the game goes on.

My point is. We may not be able to control the gamers who are looking to find glitches in the game but at least we can get the "Fundamentals" of the game right. So let's control that!! Which in my opinion would force people to play the game more in line on what we see on Sunday's. Your thoughts?
Old 09-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #58
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Countryboy..I hear your point but I think if realistic measures are put into place it would drastically change how the game is played. I'm sure you watch the NFL.

1.Most NFL QB's can only audible into a protection/blocking scheme and play call change within the confines of the 40 second play clock. This should be reflected in Madden and if your on the road it should be even more difficult to get a play off(That's why winning on the road is so hard). Anything more than 2 audibles should lead to a higher frequency of false starts,delay of game penalties, and busted assignments. Only the elite QB's in the game (Brady and Manning) known for dissecting defenses should be able to walk to the line calling numerous audibles and be able to successfully lead an offense down the field.

2. You drop more than 10 yds and your success rate to complete a pass drops to 5% or less. Dropping back that far allows defenses greater reaction time because the ball would be in the air for a longer period time. QB protection should break down immediately and QB accuracy should decrease substantially as well.

3. Play recognition. The more a defense see's a play the more apt they should become at stopping it. You run fullback dive more than twice in a series and the D should begin to stuff it. FB dives usually gain 1yd or less. FB's should be dramatically slow thus deterring guys from constantly handing him the football.

4. You want to run no huddle? Be my guest. Although, fatigue should be a major issue if you are constantly running this the entire game coupled with numerous audibles. Guys who run constant no huddle should see have extremely fatigued players who drop in speed and effectiveness depending on what route the run and time of possession. Also, running the no huddle should effect your defense as well because they are on the field longer. You may score quick but that means your defense only got a short blow so now they should have to deal with fatigue issues. Loss of strength/speed as the game goes on.

My point is. We may not be able to control the gamers who are looking to find glitches in the game but at least we can get the "Fundamentals" of the game right. So let's control that!! Which in my opinion would force people to play the game more in line on what we see on Sunday's. Your thoughts?
Like I stated in an earlier post, I am not saying its ok that the game has these issues which allows people to exploit them. Just that no matter what, in my opinion, there is always going to be something that someone finds an exploits. Its a video game, and its never going to be perfect.

Also, as I said, cheesing can be found in any game thats played online. There are too many people that will look for the "easy way out" vs playing the game the way it was meant to be played because they feel that having their name on top of a ranking board or a high class means they have accomplished something worthwhile.

I am all for EA, or any game company, implementing tactics, features, boundaries, or whatever to cutdown on the cheesing in online games, but I don't believe that any game company will be able to completely eliminate it.

I like your ideas. The more "sim" the game plays out of the box, the better. Thats what I'm hoping EA and all sports gaming companies continue to push for, more simulation out of the box. Frustrate the cheeser into playing sim in a sense. Great ideas!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 09-15-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 6

What would be hot, would be the second, the VERY second someone decides to turn and run the opposite direction, the receivers would do the same. No more of this running backwards to get time for someone to clear a crossing route or post. I'd also like to see some inconsistancy with WR routes as well.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 PM   #60
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Control the controllable! Great post Rashad.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #61
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

great ideas man

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #62
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Quoted again for serious truth.

Yes there will always be issues, but that if you watch that play in the first vid, where the guy drops 9 in coverage and has two spies, that one play shows about 7 or 8 fundamentally flawed areas in the game. That isn't even football, its some grotesque, bastardization of game, that makes my stomach turn.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Pretty good posting overall. Only one remark to the upper. That should happen if you run no huddle outside the 2m warning or if trailing a larger deficit. I think if either one is involved, it should be considered ok to run no huddle.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 6

Real football is slow and boring. Like 9 mins of play in a 4 hour game. Thats why I like playing the games, you can make things more interesting. Hence its a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »