Home

What should i get?

This is a discussion on What should i get? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What should i get?

I have not bought Madden since 2004. I usually buy NCAA and Tiger every year, but got burnt out. I bought NHL 08 last year and loved it, and am thinking of getting NHL 09 or Madden, I figure Madden will seem like a completely different game from 2004. What do you think I should get?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: What should i get?

are you more of football guy or hockey guy????
Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd say football slightly, both seem like great games, Im leaning madden especially since I am not getting NCAA
Old 09-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Not much into hockey myself, but I have to say that this year's Madden is the best ever. There will be a 2nd patch for it within the next week or two which will fix 18 problems, so it will be even better then. After adjusting the sliders and all the options to fit me, the games are very realistic (at least as close as expected from a video game) and enjoyable.

I guess maybe you should rent both and see which you like best. Not sure how the PS3 or original Xbox works, but if you're on the 360 and don't want a game to be on your played game list that you won't be buying, just create a tester profile/gamertag to play the games on. Then when you decide on which game to buy just delete that profile/gamertag and continue using your real one. If you're on the PS2 then you don't even have a played game list to bother with.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

well if your a technical guy when it comes to your gaming.. that wants a super polished, hardly flawed game..NHL09 beats Madden09 in that area..hands down.

It all depends man.. we dont really know what sport you like more and how important a game not having any bugs flaws mean to you. Does a flawed franchise bug you? or a drab feeling NFL game excite you?..i mean i could go on and on and on and at the end of it all..it all depends on your own preference.

Personally..i have Tiger09..awesome game of golf, i have NHL09..to me, the best hockey game ever made and of course i have Madden09..while fun its bug ridden and STILL has no bit of atmosphere and presentation which imho ruin the overall "excitement" of Madden.

So its really hard for us to decide for you..your the only one that can. If our input and thoughts is what your looking for..perhaps you should read thru both the NHL and Madden forums and you make the decision or go to www.gamerankings.com and have that site give you the deciding factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

why not rent both games and decide for yourself?

I never understood why people will look to others to help them decide how to spend their hard earned money.

My suggestion is to read reviews or better yet, rent both games and see which one is better in your opinion.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »