Home

Patch #2 and Franchise?

This is a discussion on Patch #2 and Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Patch #2 and Franchise?

Wanted to know if anyone knows if the 2nd patch will effect Franchises already in progress or will I have to start a whole new franchise after I download 2nd patch? Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Patch #2 and Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by true spartan
Wanted to know if anyone knows if the 2nd patch will effect Franchises already in progress or will I have to start a whole new franchise after I download 2nd patch? Thank you.
Dude, read the patch threads, it is all spelled out really clearly by Ian in them.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Dude, read the patch threads, it is all spelled out really clearly by Ian in them.
Come on man, cut him some slack. He only has 8 posts, he's a newbie.

For the OP. Open the Quick Patch #2 update thread, that is stickied at the top. You can use the "Search" option to search posts in there related to you question. It will show you all posts that have anything to do with the keywords you type.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

you don't have to re-start a franchise in order for the patch to take effect.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I never understood people like you. Instead of taking time to tell him to look in a thread, you could have easily told him that he wouldn't need to restart his franchise.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
I never understood people like you. Instead of taking time to tell him to look in a thread, you could have easily told him that he wouldn't need to restart his franchise.

i dnt get it either he man ask a simple question yet people go out there way ot be idiots
Old 09-15-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by true spartan

Sorry how some people on here act. Your question has already been answered, but here's a quote I took directly from the official site's producer blog that covers all 18 fixes that are supposed to be in the 2nd patch.

Quote:
As a side note, as of this moment there have been no changes to database schema, so you won't have to re-start your Franchise or delete any files.

Patches have always worked in pre-existing Franchises in the previous next-gen versions of Madden, but since one of the bugs in 09 is players not progressing, i'm waiting to start my Franchise until we get the patch.

Here's a link to that blog if you want to read over it to see what all it includes. Much better than reading through a dang sticky that would take forever to get to the end.

http://www.easports.com/madden09/fullsite/blog.jsp
Old 09-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I am iffy on starting my franchise too. It says "at the moment" I would hate to start one and then have to start over.

I've waited this long...what's another week or two, right?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »