Home

Does the Espanol Madden have the fixes?

This is a discussion on Does the Espanol Madden have the fixes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Does the Espanol Madden have the fixes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T9R
I assume the Spanish version of 09 has to go through the same "going gold" certification process as the regular version. So while I don't think it's acceptable for them to ship out a product with these kinds of defects to begin with, it is equally unreasonable to expect them to patch a game when the printed disc was finalized months ago.
Though I agree with your logic, it is based upon the assumption that it went gold at the same time as the English Version and then sat on the shelf for another month. If it was on the same timeline as the original in terms of the amount of time that it went gold before release, then there really is no excuse for shipping it other than timelines because in that month all of these problems came to light (hence the need for an immediate patch on release day a month ago and in light of all the comments of those who got the game early). Your assumption requires you to give EA the benefit of the doubt and hopefully you can see why many are hesitant to do that.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #18
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

It was said earlier in this thread but I'll confirm it. The lead times for all EA console product is 2 months. We submitted our final Espanol candidate to MS and Sony weeks before the non-spanish version was released. Did we knowingly release buggy product? Of course not.

Phil
Old 09-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 4

alrighty then.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #20
Rookie

FSU Spear 'Em's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T9R
I assume the Spanish version of 09 has to go through the same "going gold" certification process as the regular version. So while I don't think it's acceptable for them to ship out a product with these kinds of defects to begin with, it is equally unreasonable to expect them to patch a game when the printed disc was finalized months ago.

That's exactly what I was thinking. But then again, they could've just copied the spanish commentary over the USA commentary and called it a day. I'd assume the only QA that goes on in between different versions is that the commentary is correct since that's really the only thing they're changing.

Plus, I wonder if the patches have to go through the same thing or would the "foreign" madden patches come out the same day as the NTSC ones.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

You guys are funny...Do you know what "GOING GOLD" means?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #22
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

You know what could "fix" all of these bugs and glitches in current generation games? Not allow developers the ability to patch them. Last generation, developers sent out such solid products because they had to. They knew that the vast majority of people didn't have the ability to go online, or didn't want to so they spent alot more money and time on debugging.

Now that patches are simple, quick and most importantly accepted by both console makers and owners, they feel content of shipping a product that hasn't spent nearly enough time in the debugging stage. They know we'll all just do it for them, then send the patches down to us over the course of a couple months.

If it wasn't allowed, then we'd see quality releases again because they would KNOW they had to get it right before it went gold. That will never happen of course, but it would solve the issue.

The only other way to get developers to debug correctly again is of course, to simply stop buying the games and send the message that you're not putting up with it anymore. But not nearly enough people care.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

They could have recalled the discs that were made after the issues came to light, pushed the date of release back a couple weeks, and rereleased an unbuggy product but nah, we'll just patch it, that would cost less money and frankly who cares? we'll get our money with no repurcussions for our actions. A sad world we live in where the stockholders mean more than the customers that pay the companies paycheck.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
You know what could "fix" all of these bugs and glitches in current generation games? Not allow developers the ability to patch them. Last generation, developers sent out such solid products because they had to. They knew that the vast majority of people didn't have the ability to go online, or didn't want to so they spent alot more money and time on debugging.

Now that patches are simple, quick and most importantly accepted by both console makers and owners, they feel content of shipping a product that hasn't spent nearly enough time in the debugging stage. They know we'll all just do it for them, then send the patches down to us over the course of a couple months.

If it wasn't allowed, then we'd see quality releases again because they would KNOW they had to get it right before it went gold. That will never happen of course, but it would solve the issue.

The only other way to get developers to debug correctly again is of course, to simply stop buying the games and send the message that you're not putting up with it anymore. But not nearly enough people care.
Why patch it before you get paid? No point in reprinting all those CDs, just patch it.

Welcome to the PC, no, I mean next gen. With all the headaches of PC but none of the advantages.

The gen after this they should sell with some Excedrin and a hit with hammer here spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »