Home

Create a coach

This is a discussion on Create a coach within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Create a coach

Can you not create a new coach in Madden like in years past? I want to create myself as head coach of the 49ers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Create a coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Can you not create a new coach in Madden like in years past? I want to create myself as head coach of the 49ers.
No, EA F'ed up and got rid of that in all of their next gen games. I've been asking for that ever since .... maybe the "craete a fan" replaced it?haha

Seriously though, I agree. I always take over a team with the thought of me being the new head coach, and NO, i don't want to play the new head coach game, because I also like to actually "play" the football game!

EA, at least give us the ability to EDIT the coach to our name with a few random faces/bodies we can choose to represent the new coach.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #3
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
No, EA F'ed up and got rid of that in all of their next gen games. I've been asking for that ever since .... maybe the "craete a fan" replaced it?haha

Seriously though, I agree. I always take over a team with the thought of me being the new head coach, and NO, i don't want to play the new head coach game, because I also like to actually "play" the football game!

EA, at least give us the ability to EDIT the coach to our name with a few random faces/bodies we can choose to represent the new coach.

What were they thinking with the create a fan? Was that something we were looking for in a game?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

not like you really see the coach while your playing anyways.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:11 AM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
not like you really see the coach while your playing anyways.
Well, you used to. In the PS2/Xbox Maddens you would see the coaches quite frequntly. I wish they would add the feature back and then expand it to where you could build your coaches ratings along with the rest of the staff. Actually, I was hopeful that one of the features of Head Coach would be the ability to export your coach into Madden. I was disappointed that I couldn't. Really, this is just another feature that would greatly help franhise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
What were they thinking with the create a fan? Was that something we were looking for in a game?
That was easily the worst "feature" I've seen in any sports game.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Here is what I would love to see: Have all the team's coaches (meaning down to each position coach) available for full view at the front end (same as it is with the base rosters). I would love them to flesh out the coaching ratings somewhat (Obviously something like Head Coach 09 would be awesome, but even simpler than that would be a good start) to reflect the difference between game managers, motivators, hard a$$es, "player's coaches," etc. I would love to have the option to fully edit them so we can adjust for who we feel is overrated/underrated, just as we do with players. Plus, we could also change names/appearances here so NE Head Coach doesn't look so rediculous when he's coaching the Texans (or even New England, since he obviously looks nothing like Bill). Toss in a "create-a-coach" and maybe a historic coach list and you're all set. I know it's not very likely something like this would happen, but adding something like this and practice squads (whole 'nother conversation) would go a long way towards making this franchise monkey happy
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #8
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon14 Re: Create a coach

this feature is going to come in handy, especially for you raiders fans out there
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »