Home

Madden 20-10: Resurrection of the 'User Catch'

This is a discussion on Madden 20-10: Resurrection of the 'User Catch' within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 20-10: Resurrection of the 'User Catch'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois

You are asking for more control in order to increase probability to a low percentage play. Sounds like you want an arcade game. No offense, but arcade style play is normally referred to as cheese.

OK, you sir are not making any sense. The fact that you believe that me wanting there to be an even playing field between the receiver and the DB is "cheese" is mind boggling.

One on one situations are advantageous for the offense in real life, in Madden thats not the case, big receiver or not. The recievers are passive and you are excusing it as "sim". Get a clue.

When i play my cousin i intentionally run man ( i rarely ever do) just so he can attempt to take advantage of it ( deep) and i pick it off 90% of the time. Why ? Because i can strafe and sky for the pick while he simply reaches for the ball most of the time.

The most "sim" football game to come out ( im not saying the name to prevent a war) gave users the ability to attack the ball on both offense and defense, yet a handicap is realistic to you lol.

Even Ian admitted there was a problem with the offenseive catching, glad you're not a lead designer buddy.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #34
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I guess I never run into this because I never control the CB's or WR's on fly routes. I let the WR's and CB's do the work themselves and it seems to play very well for me.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:32 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
OK, you sir are not making any sense. The fact that you believe that me wanting there to be an even playing field between the receiver and the DB is "cheese" is mind boggling.

One on one situations are advantageous for the offense in real life, in Madden thats not the case, big receiver or not. The recievers are passive and you are excusing it as "sim". Get a clue.

When i play my cousin i intentionally run man ( i rarely ever do) just so he can attempt to take advantage of it ( deep) and i pick it off 90% of the time. Why ? Because i can strafe and sky for the pick while he simply reaches for the ball most of the time.

The most "sim" football game to come out ( im not saying the name to prevent a war) gave users the ability to attack the ball on both offense and defense, yet a handicap is realistic to you lol.

Even Ian admitted there was a problem with the offenseive catching, glad you're not a lead designer buddy.
Seriously stop your crying. The guy made perfect sense. Stop acting and saying the WR does not make a play on the ball and you're being handicapped. If the WR is open and more importantly if you lead the pass properly the Wr definetly makes a play on the ball. He freakin warps to the ball! You might want to check that thread out.

I'm not saying everything is perfect with Db and Wr interaction but it works the way it is now. People were designing whole offenses around nothing but Rocket and Spectacular Catches and completing passes with 3 people covering the Wr.

The problem with Wr user catching is with the incredible catch and spectacular catch ratings which cause these ridiculous animations which rarely happen that the Db's can't do. There is only 1 Db in the whole game that can Spectacular Catch and that is Cromartie from the Chargers. If EA wants to bring back user catching for Wr's I would suggest a system that gave Db's or whoever was in coverage an incredible stat boost that turned your defender into a Wr when a ball was thrown to a covered Wr. This way the defender would have all the animations the Wr has to make a play on poorly thrown balls and if you used the swat button anywhere near a poorly thrown ball it would be an automatic incompletion. That's another problem, the swat button is not nearly as effective as it should be.

Bye the way, I hate bumping this ridiculous cheeser complaint thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #36
Banned

newmoon's Arena

OVR: 5

THe guy right above me is speaking the truth. He writ it so clearly guys created offenses around nothing but spectacular catches, when everyone and their momma knew it was coming yet he was still able to complete the pass over 2 0r 3 correctly placed defensive backs. Then lets not ad in the fact when you did have to create an unreal defense that was catered around stopping a bogus play it left everything else open....

once they get rid of the bogus WR snap glitch this game will finally be close to perfect, and I will guarantee Sim Players with football knowledge will be at the fore front of the leader boards. The Cheesers will move on to another Flavor of the week game.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #37
Pro

Jump and myself are saying we want the receivers to jump and fight for the ball just like the DB's. I'm not condoning the rocket catch at all and I definitely don't cheese. H*ll I didn't even know what a rocket catch was until a few months ago. We just want the receivers to fight and not just throw their hands up and keep running while the DB strafes and jump into the air for the pick. That's just garbage. I think it's about time to end this because some people are so scarred from being burnt by the rocket catch that they can't see what we are trying to say.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #38
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

The real thing that makes me sad is that we have a developer on the board saying that there is a 100% solution to this issue and Ian shoots it down.

Wow, maybe we can have an option to disable user catches? Everyone wins.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
The real thing that makes me sad is that we have a developer on the board saying that there is a 100% solution to this issue and Ian shoots it down.

Wow, maybe we can have an option to disable user catches? Everyone wins.
Did he ever let on to the solution? Why did Ian shoot it down? Listen, if they disable user catches but implement better AI where receivers and DBs fight for the ball, I'll take that.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Seriously stop your crying. The guy made perfect sense. Stop acting and saying the WR does not make a play on the ball and you're being handicapped. If the WR is open and more importantly if you lead the pass properly the Wr definetly makes a play on the ball. He freakin warps to the ball! You might want to check that thread out.

I'm not saying everything is perfect with Db and Wr interaction but it works the way it is now. People were designing whole offenses around nothing but Rocket and Spectacular Catches and completing passes with 3 people covering the Wr.

The problem with Wr user catching is with the incredible catch and spectacular catch ratings which cause these ridiculous animations which rarely happen that the Db's can't do. There is only 1 Db in the whole game that can Spectacular Catch and that is Cromartie from the Chargers. If EA wants to bring back user catching for Wr's I would suggest a system that gave Db's or whoever was in coverage an incredible stat boost that turned your defender into a Wr when a ball was thrown to a covered Wr. This way the defender would have all the animations the Wr has to make a play on poorly thrown balls and if you used the swat button anywhere near a poorly thrown ball it would be an automatic incompletion. That's another problem, the swat button is not nearly as effective as it should be.

Bye the way, I hate bumping this ridiculous cheeser complaint thread.

Shut up, you're embarrassing your self. .. . never did i say anything about a rocket catch or a spectacular catch, i hate both.

Stop putting words in my mouth so you can have something to complain about.

Then you make a comment about DBs having the same animations as the offense when in my original post i suggested an idea where the DBs would have the same options as the recievers yet im a cheeser. Again, embarrassing yourself.
The DBs commonly jump much higher than the WR with out so much as a spectacular catch, and the WR rarely even get those corny spectacular catch animations. You sound like you're not even playing 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »