Home

Timeout button broken?

This is a discussion on Timeout button broken? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7
Timeout button broken?

I know that for a fact that I've attempted to call a timeout on several occasions and wasn't able to. At first I was thinking the button on my controller is defective, so I tried another controller and the same thing happen. So then I replaced them both with new controllers and it just happen to me again needing a timeout to setup for a fg and bam...........it happens again.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but there seems to certainly be a problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Timeout button broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilted Brim
I know that for a fact that I've attempted to call a timeout on several occasions and wasn't able to. At first I was thinking the button on my controller is defective, so I tried another controller and the same thing happen. So then I replaced them both with new controllers and it just happen to me again needing a timeout to setup for a fg and bam...........it happens again.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but there seems to certainly be a problem
Sure you aren't just out of timeouts? I'm not doubting you or trying to be funny, but I haven't had this happen at all.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

The timeout button can be very unresponsive at times...it has happened to me several times. If you are in a very crucial part of the game I suggest pressing the start button and calling the timeout from the pause menu. So no, you aren't crazy dude....can I have one of your controllers? LOL!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

It is probably "broken" unfortunately......but you can't be surprised.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

QFT

Has happened to me several times as well. Usually seems to happen when the Qtr./Game is about to end, and you're trying to line up for a last second field goal. Kind of sucks, but no game breaker, I just pause the game and use the menu now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Mine works fine But is there a different in the Madden game disc for example I have the one that have Madden 93 made on to it.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
Rookie

ice23's Arena

OVR: 3
Cool Re: Timeout button broken?

it has happened to me also and i wasnt able to challenge a crucial play also.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

i have to press about 4-5 times before it actually calls a timeout...def an inconvenience because that could be a couple of seconds off the clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »