Home

Why is field degradation so important?

This is a discussion on Why is field degradation so important? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 AM   #9
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Why is field degradation so important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbshowtime
Man I have been wondering why its more important than the ROBO QB but I guess people rather see the field tore up and live with Travis Jackson complete 80% of his passes. When guys like Vince Young pass like Montana its a game killer for me but the bright side of this is the rainy games will look cool.
It's not that people would rather see field degradation than CPU sliders or robo QB flat out fixed, it's just what they were able to do in the patch. IF we can get the CPU sliders in a DLC pack, then that would be a bigger "fix" for me (plus the accel. clock would be awesome too). I think it's about fitting in as many fixes as they could to cover a wide margin. I know that brings the "well, they shouldn't have had so much to fix" argument out in full force, but there you have it
Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Field degradation isn't being patched in or "fixed", they are re-layering it so that its more evident. Field degradation is already in the game, but due to the way it was "layered" it didn't show as prominently as it should.

And yes, it was something simple to fix. And for the record, cpu sliders were/are something that can't be patched into a game.

Sorry for any mis-spellings, its Monday morning and I haven't had coffee yet.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #11
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6

Also it's important to me because it as one of the few things in Madden 08 that was done well, and for it to not even exist in 09 was a big bummer, esp considering the sweet new player dirt and mud effects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
Isn't there something more important you'd like fixed or patched?

I just don't understand the near rabid fanbase for this kind of a thing.

I don't know..maybe because its supposed to be in the game in the first place? and it being missing shows a problem? and there people who actually do not like low quality situations actually rise above the occasion and ask for a quality product including the field issue which ian clearly stated was a glitch and an error.

I normally don't say or do this..but why question something that is obvious..some people love quality..shocker there are still some around while everyone else uses the gameplay gameplay gameplay shtick that has been around for years ruining threads left and right that does not have the same intentions.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15

Last edited by mastershake88; 09-22-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
I don't know..maybe because its supposed to be in the game in the first place? and it being missing shows a problem? and there people who actually do not like low quality situations actually rise above the occasion and ask for a quality product including the field issue which ian clearly stated was a glitch and an error.

I normally don't say or do this..but why question something that is obvious..some people love quality..shocker there are still some around while everyone else uses the gameplay gameplay gameplay shtick that has been around for years ruining threads left and right that does not have the same intentions.
Shockingly, there are people who feel that field degradation is a minor issue in comparison to other, larger, problems within the game.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
Shockingly, there are people who feel that field degradation is a minor issue in comparison to other, larger, problems within the game.
I highlighted the operative word there....for every person, what they FEEL is important is no less important than what someone else FEELS is important. It's all simply opinion, and everyone is entitled to have one.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

don't forget the patch has a size limit. That may or may not be the reason they didn't address "robo QB" but it is something to keep in mind.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I highlighted the operative word there....for every person, what they FEEL is important is no less important than what someone else FEELS is important. It's all simply opinion, and everyone is entitled to have one.
Again, I never said it wasn't important, just not as important as other things needing fixed and not important enough to warrant such enormous fan outcry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »