Home

Create-A-Team wishlist

This is a discussion on Create-A-Team wishlist within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:21 AM   #1
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Create-A-Team wishlist

I realize this is a feature of secondary importance at best, but I am one who makes extensive use of it. I honestly prefer playing in an entirely fictional league than the NFL. Not sure why, just find it more interesting.

Anyways, a few things I'd really like to be able to do...

1.) NASCAR Painshop style logo importing- This would be awesome. While previous versions of EA Sports games (specifically the PS2/XBox versions of NCAA) have had a fairly solid selection of logos, you can never have enough, and I'd just as soon be able to design and import my own.

2.) The ability to add borders to numbers- Very few teams have just a solid color number on a solid jersey color. Most of them have a border, while a few have two (San Francisco, for example).

3.) Ability to set "City" amongst the Franchise Mode database- Typing in the city and allowing the state to dictate weather doesn't quite work, as some states (California and Arizona being the best examples) have a wide variety of climates.

4.) Metallics Key... need this. If I want a team who's uniform resembles, say, Notre Dame's, I have to use a dark yellow, and it never looks quite right.

5.) Organize by "dark" and "light" rather than "Home" and "away" and allow us to set which they use at home- This shoulda been obvious, considering the Cardinals and Cowboys (and I think one other team I can't think of) wear their whites at home.

6.) Created Teams in roster management- As it is, if I want to edit 1 or 2 players, or create 1 or 2 players for a particular created team, I have to create them, and then chose Fantasy team, and pick their entire roster from the existing roster. This is a HUGE pain, especially if I make a mistake and have to redo the whole thing.

7.) Ability to SCROLL DOWN on the import team load page- Srsly! If I create 11 teams, I can't use the first one I made! I realize most people don't create 11 teams, but I create dozens... 32 minimum. Please allow me to use them all.

Okay, that's my list. Had to rant. Do you know how difficult it is to fill out 32 teams with only 38 logos, and each one is a variant of another? I don't particularly want a team called the "Baboons" in my league, so I gotta get kind of creative and create some somewhat lame teams to make it all work (For example, in order to make use of the Meteor Alt logo, I created a team called the California Gold Rush, since I figured the logo, rather than being a meteor hitting ground, could be a chunk of gold sticking out of the ground... and that's not even close to my lamest attempt at making one of the logos work! I actually came up with a color combination that makes the Baboons logo look like a warewolf, so I made a team called the Lycans:P)

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 05:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Create-A-Team wishlist

Agreed. 100%
Old 09-22-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Good list. I would add more customizable options for the stadium. Maybe set your "hot spots" (for stadium specific celebrations), advertising, and stadium sounds.
- I'd like to see the available amenities show up (to a degree) in the stadium.
- Give me a retractable roof option that works.
- I'd also like to see more "region specific" backdrops, especially now that they do the stadium lead ins...nothing crazy, but some minor touches would be cool.
-Maybe set a team staff, or at least philosophy type tendencies, so if I create multiple teams I can dictate how they operate outside my control (simple resolution, at least have create-a-coach with the standard offensive/defensive and positional tendencies)

That's all I've got for now.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Good list. I would add more customizable options for the stadium. Maybe set your "hot spots" (for stadium specific celebrations), advertising, and stadium sounds.
- I'd like to see the available amenities show up (to a degree) in the stadium.
- Give me a retractable roof option that works.
- I'd also like to see more "region specific" backdrops, especially now that they do the stadium lead ins...nothing crazy, but some minor touches would be cool.
-Maybe set a team staff, or at least philosophy type tendencies, so if I create multiple teams I can dictate how they operate outside my control (simple resolution, at least have create-a-coach with the standard offensive/defensive and positional tendencies)

That's all I've got for now.
All great ideas, I highlighted the three that are particularly important.

* Back drops are a big deal. I'd really like to see them take the existing stadium backdrops and let us drop the new stadium into that environment. It takes a big away from the immersion when I have to use Urban for both New York City and, say, Phoenix, when the two cities look nothing alike, but that remains the one that looks most like both... then switching to say, Minneapolis... downtown looks similar to Minneapolis, but all of the sudden, Minneapolis has taller buildings than New York? More variety is necessary.

* Retractable roof would be awesome. I realize their's a "dome" option that looks like a retractable roof, but what's the point if every game ends up indoors.

* Being able to create a "starting" head coach for an organization would be neat. I kinda think they should make a "Coach Roster" that's organized and editable just like the player roster, outside of franchise mode, with ratings and tendencies editable outside of franchise.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 AM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
All great ideas, I highlighted the three that are particularly important.

* Back drops are a big deal. I'd really like to see them take the existing stadium backdrops and let us drop the new stadium into that environment. It takes a big away from the immersion when I have to use Urban for both New York City and, say, Phoenix, when the two cities look nothing alike, but that remains the one that looks most like both... then switching to say, Minneapolis... downtown looks similar to Minneapolis, but all of the sudden, Minneapolis has taller buildings than New York? More variety is necessary.

* Retractable roof would be awesome. I realize their's a "dome" option that looks like a retractable roof, but what's the point if every game ends up indoors.

* Being able to create a "starting" head coach for an organization would be neat. I kinda think they should make a "Coach Roster" that's organized and editable just like the player roster, outside of franchise mode, with ratings and tendencies editable outside of franchise.
I said the EXACT same thing in a create-a-coach thread awhile back. I'd love to be able to edit appearances, ratings, tendencies, etc for the whole staff. It would allow you to name the "NE Head Coaches" of the world so you could actually keep up with coaching changes as you do player changes. It would be as simple as making coaches a "position" on each team's roster. That way, you could edit the entire staff team by team if you so choose. Even allow for trades so, again, you can keep up with current changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

a larger amount of team logos would be nice.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

I'd like to be able to edit existing NFL uniforms and save them as my create-a-team's. Even if the logos couldn't be reused, I'd still like to keep the same uni design.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
I'd like to be able to edit existing NFL uniforms and save them as my create-a-team's. Even if the logos couldn't be reused, I'd still like to keep the same uni design.
I was literally just about to post this.

Also, simply to reestablish its importance: please give us the ability to use all the teams we create, not just the first ten.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »