Home

Monday Patch Info from EA

This is a discussion on Monday Patch Info from EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Monday Patch Info from EA

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....38633&tstart=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillycheeze
Morning everyone,

After a bit of a misfire on Friday, we're going to get the patch discussions going again today (Monday, 9/22). I've read several different types of chatter in the last 24 hours so I wanted to get some answers out there.

Q: If the patch is done, why couldn't it be released over the weekend?
A: Sony and MS have regular patch release windows that they use. Weekend days aren't a part of this window. Our patch was 'approved' very late Friday and missed the opportunity to make Friday night's window.

Q: Is the patch out in Europe?
A: Not sure, I'm making some calls to find out if this is the case. It's certainly possible. The patch was 100% approved on Friday so various parts of Sony might have seen this and released it.

Q: So when is the patch coming?
A: We're hoping late tonight. Expect it very late tonight. As soon as I have a time confirmed from Sony & MS, I'll post it here.

I'll update this thread in 4 to 5 hours once my friends on the west coash have had a chance to catch up.

Phil

Last edited by boooey; 09-22-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Monday Patch Info from EA

I just fail to understand why this "window" Microsoft uses cannot include weekends but can utilize useless late-night hours.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
I just fail to understand why this "window" Microsoft uses cannot include weekends but can utilize useless late-night hours.
While I was disappointed that the patch wasn't out for the weekend, I can understand it as a developer. Frankly, I won't put an update out on the weekend unless there is absolutely no way I can get out of it. I don't like the nervous feeling when you put out something before a weekend in case it blows up, and I'm pretty sure that the MS folks are no different. It's better to get it out when you have personnel in the office to take care of questions, or when you will have them in there in a matter of hours (like overnight on a Monday, for example).
Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
I agree.. I work in the IT field, and generally any changes or rollouts are done preferably on weekends, because if there is an impact.. it would be minimal.
It sounds like they just don't want to come in and work weekends.

And Europe got the patch first. LOL.. Us lazy Americans are still sleeping i guess..

Last edited by boooey; 09-22-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

thanks for the update boooey.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

It's not going to be out until "LATE" tonight? What takes so long?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

They want to do it on off hours because it kicks everyone off the servers when the patch gets triggered.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

so when the patch comes out will my players progress based on there stats i'm in the wild card weekend. or will i have to start all over?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »