Home

overated Madden 09 players?

This is a discussion on overated Madden 09 players? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
overated Madden 09 players?

Is it just me, or does anybody else feel that the overall ratings in the madden 09 game are becoming too high? I feel that alot of the players are OVERATRED. The rating standard is set too high imo!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 12:55 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: overated Madden 09 players?

Less likely to hurt feelings or piss off players/fans of teams that way. Everyones happy. LCD.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

i thought Madden player ratings didn't matter?

edit - according to a lot of people
Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've been sayin this for years, in a nut shell 99 should be the absolute highest rating ...ever, having a 99 rating in any category should mean you are one of the best do that particular thing ever, there are too many people with very high ratings making people closer than they actually are ( thats a whole other discussion).

They should take every player and compare each meaning attribute with the best player ever play. EG route running, Jerry Rice, How good is x player compared to Rice and give him the appropriate rating.

Then of course you have to make the ratings actually matter....
Old 09-23-2008, 03:23 AM   #5
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

^^^it's relative to the current players. if everyone's agility was based on barry sanders, then the highest you would see in that category would be high 70's, low 80's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 03:35 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

i dont think it would be that low we would see some 90's I'm sure ... but that is how it should be, let the greats actually stand out
Old 09-23-2008, 03:52 AM   #7
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree. It's one of the things I always thought about when trying to imagine Michael Jordan in his prime in a basketball game. In order to rate him, they would have had to put some of his stats well over 100 like quickness,speed,vision,jumping,clutch....stuff like that. If he had 99 for quickness, then when he played against you, he wouldn't be much better then the average all star.

Same thing goes for any great. How would they rate Payton or Sanders if other players are getting 97-99 ratings? They couldn't unless they gave them special ratings of 110-120.

So I agree that they should base rating off of this. If Sanders has a 99 agility rating, then LT shouldn't be higher then 90 tops.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:34 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Yeah they bumped the general ratings up by like 5 ovr for each player. I guess too many players complain about their rating.

I'd like to see a good player be rated 80 and a starter to be rated 75.

And Manning to be rated 98.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »