Home

Patch does not work with freezing Franchise in progress!

This is a discussion on Patch does not work with freezing Franchise in progress! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Patch does not work

so even if i'm still in year one and HAVE NOT had a freezing issue yet, i should still start over? or will i be okay?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was just under the impression that current franchises would be fine. They said they were fixing franchise freezing in the patch, and they said that all fixes in the patch would apply to current franchises and new ones wouldn't have to be started.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
there's been a few guys that simmed multiple seasons to check out progression/regression and none mentioned any freezing issues.

And I I don't see how their patch could uncorrupt data files. I know they say you wouldn't have to restart, but I don't see any reason why your save file would be fine now. Maybe I am misunderstanding something.
So best case scenario here is that we were lied to about having to restart franchises.

Good job, EA.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Wow, what a letdown. I cannot believe I was actually tricked into purchasing this game AGAIN. Just woke up and downloaded the patch, and I'm still having the same problems. Freeze at save or sim attempts in franchise. I guess I can't be too upset, I half expected this.

So, the only mode of play that I am at all interested doesn't work. Thanks for taking my money EA.
I suggest you try it yourself. There are plenty of people that post incorrect things on here. Re-start your franchise and then come back to us with your "Thanks for taking my money EA" comments.

Like countryboy said.....I don't see how you could uncorrupt a current file that was corrupted to begin with.

Re-start and you will be fine.
Also this thread title is very mis-leading.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derty PuDge
so even if i'm still in year one and HAVE NOT had a freezing issue yet, i should still start over? or will i be okay?

?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
I suggest you try it yourself. There are plenty of people that post incorrect things on here. Re-start your franchise and then come back to us with your "Thanks for taking my money EA" comments.

Like countryboy said.....I don't see how you could uncorrupt a current file that was corrupted to begin with.

Re-start and you will be fine.
Also this thread title is very mis-leading.
You do realize people have every right to be upset if a game they rightly payed for is unplayable, right?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
So best case scenario here is that we were lied to about having to restart franchises.

Good job, EA.
Listen they said that with some things in the patch. They said it about the freezing in-game I believe. But I don't remember them saying that about the "franchise killing freeze" at all. Maybe I'm wrong. Before you guys start this crusade against EA I suggest you go back and look for posts that confirm what your saying is true.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
You do realize people have every right to be upset if a game they rightly payed for is unplayable, right?
Thats the point. It is playable. This unplayable crap is so far from the truth. Re-start your franchise and have fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »