Home

Patch does not work with freezing Franchise in progress!

This is a discussion on Patch does not work with freezing Franchise in progress! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Patch does not work

Naw I really don't feel like restarting. I'm a weird guy, I play franchises very in depth. I select all 32 teams and control their every aspect of their rosters so that teams actually get better and make smart decisions with their rosters, which the AI is incapable of doing. I spent wayyyyyy too much time on the first 3 seasons of my franchise, and became too "attached" to the one I had going to just 'start over' and make another one.

It's just ridiculous that the main mode of play was broken in the first place and must be 'restarted'. I shouldn't be punished for buying a game the day it releases and expecting the main single player mode to work right off the bat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derty PuDge
?
Start over jsut to be safe. I never had freezing issues either but I'm going to start a fresh franchise with fresh roster #4 updates. People act like its the end of the world or something. Its a game....enjoy it.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derty PuDge
so even if i'm still in year one and HAVE NOT had a freezing issue yet, i should still start over? or will i be okay?
????????
Old 09-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Naw I really don't feel like restarting. I'm a weird guy, I play franchises very in depth. I select all 32 teams and control their every aspect of their rosters so that teams actually get better and make smart decisions with their rosters, which the AI is incapable of doing. I spent wayyyyyy too much time on the first 3 seasons of my franchise, and became too "attached" to the one I had going to just 'start over' and make another one.

It's just ridiculous that the main mode of play was broken in the first place and must be 'restarted'. I shouldn't be punished for buying a game the day it releases and expecting the main single player mode to work right off the bat.
True but not everyone had your issues either. I didn't and was lucky I guess.
It should have worked for everyone right off the bat.....but it didn't. Can't change it....EA gets the hint....there actually communicating with people this year. If you don't like it....sell your game on Ebay and get most of your money back. Or do what I did this year and wait a week or so before buying.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:45 AM   #29
Rookie

Derty.....look above your last post I gave my opinion on the matter.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:49 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
Thats the point. It is playable. This unplayable crap is so far from the truth. Re-start your franchise and have fun.
Do you work for EA or something? The fact of the matter is, it was EA's responsibility to get this right in the first place. When I went to the counter to purchase this game, an EA executive wasn't standing there to tell me the game is half off because one of it's main features didn't work properly, thus it isn't my obligation to tip my hat off for anything EA does to fix it. And if the fix doesn't work as advertised, who are you to tell me to accept it and be happy?

And before anyone says it, it's not our privilege that EA is releasing these patches, it is EA's job.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #31
Rookie

No I work in a hosptial in NY. I have hated Madden since 2005.

But no where did they promise that this would fix current franchises. If they did then go get us some proof. Instead of jumping on one posters bandwagon crusade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #32
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
So best case scenario here is that we were lied to about having to restart franchises.

Good job, EA.
And I guess the worst case scenerio would be if they didn't fix the freezing issue at all.

I would rather have to restart than deal with the freezing, but thats just me.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »