Home

Patch does not work with freezing Franchise in progress!

This is a discussion on Patch does not work with freezing Franchise in progress! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Patch does not work with freezing Franchise in progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
So countryboy was correct. Think its safe to say that everyone should start a new franchise to be sure that they don't get any freezes.
I'm just glad that my schedule recently (and NCAA 09) kept me from having more than one game played in my franchise. I understand it's frustrating to have to start over, but fixing corruption in a saved file like that is hit and miss at best. There's no magic wand for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #42
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Patch does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
If thats how you choose to look at it thats your opinion. To me, I appreciate the fact that they at least fixed the mistake to the point where you can enjoy the franchise mode. Sure it stinks that you have to start over or in my case waited for this patch to start, but its better than the alternative which would be that they didnt' patch it at all.

I guess its all in how you look at it.
I'm with you. I waited for over a month to start a season, and it is worth the wait.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #43
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

I control all 32 teams, play every game of the season and was well into the third week. My problem was the game was freezing at the loading screen after selecting a game. Patch hasn't fixed the problem. I already deleted my franchise, haven't decided if I will start another yet.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #44
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Patch does not work

If we haven't learned by NOW (4yrs and counting) that we should WAIT for the patch before starting our franchises with madden, then shame on us. This is how it has been for the last 2-3 yrs!!! I agree with CB, this patch can't "uncorrupt" a file which is the problem with our existing franchise files. We can't help that the programmers at EA didn't attend the same college as those that made "the show". Lets give 'em a break.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 24

Guess I'll be good to go to start a franchise, seeing how I didn't buy the game yet....hehe....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

OFFICIALLY just froze after starting new franchise......................................... ...........................

Didnt even try saving original because I wasnt too far, just been playing some online. So I start brand new franchise, sim pre-season. Play game 1. Fine. Play game 2, press no in after game training center thing. Tries to go back to main menu and freezes with background trophies and menu music playing. Had to hold button on PS3 and it beeped a few times then finally shut down.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:32 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 12

I myself just had a post patch freeze too. I started a new franchise, and used the Lions. Made it through the first game, winning 44-17. the box that shows the 5 replays popped up, and bam....game froze on me......Had to quit to the XMB (Im using a PS3)

This is really reallty disappointig
Old 09-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm just curious, how many more years are you guys going to allow yourselves to be jerked around like this?

I love how "Next Gen" now means features that you used to work without an issue now cause games to fix, glitch, and require patching for them to function properly.

Console releases are getting worse than PC games when it comes to patches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »