Home

EA can simply solve the robo QB and high completion %!

This is a discussion on EA can simply solve the robo QB and high completion %! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #17
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA can simply solve the robo QB and high completion %!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I did some quick testing with the ratings. I took Jackson and put his awareness and accuracy down to zero, he was a 13 overall.

Very interesting results in the five videos below....

Every time that Jackson sets his feet in the pocket and supposedly reads the D, he makes an incredibly inaccurate throw, usually five yards away from his intended WR.

However, when he's in the Robo QB mode he is unaffected by his rating. He throws off his back foot, almost immediately after receiving the ball, and puts it right on the money.

The Robo QB Vids

EA SPORTS World: Madden 09 Video Highlight

An incompletion but still Robo QB.

The non-Robo QB vids, where he sets his feet...

That's some good investigation. Thanks for putting these up and taking the time.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
One of the big problems, besides the fact that QB's are way too accurate to begin with, is that they don't even need to look down field, read a defense or look at a WR before they throw.

Nothing is more annoying in Madden than when the CPU calls a PA pass and and you get good pressure but the QB starts their throw before they look down field, they'll be facing the wrong friggen direction but still start the throwing animation. They magically whip around and know exactly what defense you're in and what receivers are open without even having looked down field. Awful, it's what ultimately made me put down Madden 09.

Im wit you 110% on that one.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why don't you guys just go in and change ratings yourself...

if you feel someone in the game is overrated then change them...

with all the time you spend on here making complaints you could have already been well on your way to fixing them...

with dummy sliders and the recent patch the game plays pretty good...

EA has stepped their game up since last year...

roster updates have been coming out pretty much weekly, they've already patched up some issues and I'm sure they will fix more...
Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJX619SD
Why don't you guys just go in and change ratings yourself...

if you feel someone in the game is overrated then change them...

with all the time you spend on here making complaints you could have already been well on your way to fixing them...
Because the ratings don't affect Robo QB. As you can see in the vids I posted when the CPU decides to go into Robo QB mode for a play it doesn't matter. Jackson was a 13 overall with 0 for accuracy and 0 for awareness, yet he made a perfect throw of his back foot a split second after the ball was snapped.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

EA seems to think that sliders will "cure" robo-qb thing. While it could result in more incomplete passes, I dont think the standard sliders of the past are the solution. I think on next years game, they need to introduce a "reaction time" slider for the cpu. To me this the main problem, the cpu reacts way to fast to the play on the field, whether it be a blitz getting to the qb or human pass thrown over the middle, the cpu has super-human reactions. I dont think adjusting the cpu blocking or accuracy will utimately please anyone. The cpu needs to be able to do what is does now, but we as players need to have a chance to make a play.
I just finished a game against the Jags in a Phins franchise and I was in Garrard and Lemon's face almost the whole game, but everytime the would get the pass away accuarately, I finished the game with zero sacks. The cpu is a half step ahead of the human player on almost every play. This is absurd. I havent really complained about this game, but I am sick of getting good pressure on the qb and it mean absolutely nothing. By the way I have pass defense sliders set to 100-28(int)-100.
Another thing I have noticed is the collision detection is horrible on the cpu qb, I dont know how many replays I have watched from own games to see a lineman or linebacker to get to the qb and HIT his arm and the cpu still throw a perfect pass for a completion.
Overall I will say this Madden is a huge improvement over last years next-gen Madden, however these little things are keeping this good game from being a great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 PM   #22
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Because the ratings don't affect Robo QB. As you can see in the vids I posted when the CPU decides to go into Robo QB mode for a play it doesn't matter. Jackson was a 13 overall with 0 for accuracy and 0 for awareness, yet he made a perfect throw of his back foot a split second after the ball was snapped.
Ratings mean absolutely nothing in this god awful game. So what did this second patch actually do? I just one half of my first franchise game with the dolphins against the jets. Brett Favre 18-18, 210 yds, and 4 tds. There is just no words for that stat line. The one thing good about this game is that it will give me some cred for a trade in towards NBA 2k9.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #23
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

i dont think EA devs even watch football. this years game is very arcadey.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:21 AM   #24
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa_superstar
This is especially due to higher awareness and accuracy ratings!

this really is the whole key...the AWR and THA rating

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »