Home

AI Comeback was never removed from EA games

This is a discussion on AI Comeback was never removed from EA games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #73
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: AI Comeback was never removed from EA games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeacard
monday night miracle a few years ago. the jets scored like 35 points in the fourth quarter. comeback ai for sure. no way vinny testaverde ever gets that hot in real life!!!!!
Let me exprain dis in engrish for you. I'm not talking about a team coming back to win the game in a professional play hard to win 2 minute drill. I'm talking about a wide receiver who broke 8, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 tackles on a Bears defense. Don't give me that crap about the Bears you know they're good in Madden which is why a lot of people play them. And IRL they have a good defense so let's not get into that either. Do you now understand what I'm talking about? Here's an example for ya. Panthers and Bears, Delholme throws a TD to win the game. That's called a comeback in the NFL.

REGGIE BROWN PHILADELPHIA EAGLES WIDE RECEIVER BROKE 8 TACKLES TO WIN THE GAME. Do you understand that? So everyone, please if you have a super man story that never happens in the NFL and only in Madden aka AI COMEBACK then please share your story. I'm not looking for a HOT QB exploiting a defense to win it. There's not much I can explain to you other then there's something seriously wrong with you if you don't understand my post.

From what I remember he caught the ball on the slant, Urlacher was in the middle of the field and made a hit as soon as he caught it. 99% of the time with my guys they make them drop it but with Superman Brown he didn't. After he shook off Urlacher Mike Brown came in there with a hit stick and shook him off, Kevin Payne tried to get him and failed. He was almost put down to the ground but kept shaking my guys off to the point the defensive line was in the mix. The corners chased him and grabbed him and guess what? Yup, he shook of Vasher and Tillman. If this ever happened in the NFL it would be the greatest highlight ever. I'm sorry, only Barry Sanders can pull that off.

I'm sorry if I sound pissy but you guys are being lame and not reading my post correctly. I would really like to know if this type of stuff happens to people and if they believe it's AI Comeback.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:07 PM   #74
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
Let me exprain dis in engrish for you. I'm not talking about a team coming back to win the game in a professional play hard to win 2 minute drill. I'm talking about a wide receiver who broke 8, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 tackles on a Bears defense. Don't give me that crap about the Bears you know they're good in Madden which is why a lot of people play them. And IRL they have a good defense so let's not get into that either. Do you now understand what I'm talking about? Here's an example for ya. Panthers and Bears, Delholme throws a TD to win the game. That's called a comeback in the NFL.

REGGIE BROWN PHILADELPHIA EAGLES WIDE RECEIVER BROKE 8 TACKLES TO WIN THE GAME. Do you understand that? So everyone, please if you have a super man story that never happens in the NFL and only in Madden aka AI COMEBACK then please share your story. I'm not looking for a HOT QB exploiting a defense to win it. There's not much I can explain to you other then there's something seriously wrong with you if you don't understand my post.

From what I remember he caught the ball on the slant, Urlacher was in the middle of the field and made a hit as soon as he caught it. 99% of the time with my guys they make them drop it but with Superman Brown he didn't. After he shook off Urlacher Mike Brown came in there with a hit stick and shook him off, Kevin Payne tried to get him and failed. He was almost put down to the ground but kept shaking my guys off to the point the defensive line was in the mix. The corners chased him and grabbed him and guess what? Yup, he shook of Vasher and Tillman. If this ever happened in the NFL it would be the greatest highlight ever. I'm sorry, only Barry Sanders can pull that off.

I'm sorry if I sound pissy but you guys are being lame and not reading my post correctly. I would really like to know if this type of stuff happens to people and if they believe it's AI Comeback.
Is this the first time it happened for you? How many times a season does it occur? If it's just once a season, I would call it video game randomness.

I wouldn't proclaim after one game that it's AI Comeback Logic, that's just me. I haven't experienced it enough to give it a thought.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not saying Ankido doesn't have a point here....but...

I'd like to see the actual play he's talking about with Reggie Brown, and see if he wasn't using the Strip button each and every time he tried to tackle him.

Some of you may remember, but some weeks ago a post like this popped up on NCAA 09' which I'm sure that most of us own. The post had a video with it, and showed a WR break like 8-9 tackles for a score. The post, was of course, a major rant about how unrealistic this was and how NCAA 09' sucked, blah, blah, blah.

BUT...after the Devs. got a look at the video, and some other sharp-eyed fans out there, it was clear the guy was trying to strip the ball everytime he got a defensive guy near the WR! The Devs. even posted the proof in the thread.

I'm as guilty as the next guy of hitting that Strip button without thinking, and this "remarkable" play may or may not be a result of this very thing.

Just my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

What's funny is that I often have the opposite issue, in which the computer doesn't put up much of a comeback when it otherwise could.

Say I'm up 9 with 1:48 left, kicking off to the CPU (who's more often than not a team like the Colts, Cowboys, or Chargers). The CPU usually has 2-3 timeouts at this point. Here is the typical scenario:
  • computer returns ball to the 35 yard line
  • computer makes 20 yard pass to the middle of the field
  • hurry up
  • computer makes 13 yard pass to the middle of the field
  • hurry up
  • computer makes 9 yard pass to the middle of the field

Okay, so at this point they're hot and they're in the redzone. They're playing with passion, with fury, and things are getting really tense and fun as I try to scheme a defensive stop.

That's when everything goes wonky. The computer runs up the gut and gets stopped, hurries up again, then passes the ball to the flat where there isn't a single defender around. I am holding my breath. This could be the TD pass that sets up the onside kick which sets up the field goal to win it all...

...and that's when the AI randomly decides to run out of bounds for a two yard gain.

Then it runs again for a stop. Then it pass the ball to the 5 yard line for a first down before just sitting there, waiting to hike the ball, as time runs out.

Not once did they use a timeout. Or attempt to throw the ball to the sidelines, much less the endzone. Or do anything that could have set up a win. This has been the case in many of my closest games, and my Madden IQ is in the not-too-shabby 560s.

Sorry you got burned on a fluke play, but I believe the developers when they say they didn't program a comeback AI into the game.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #77
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

It happened to me again LOL. Bears vs Chiefs receiver caught a slant and avoided 3 tackles another superman like move to the house. This time I have the video. I don't use the strip feature because it's pointless. Sometimes it works but most of the time I get called for facemask or pretty much miss the tackle. I'm smarter then that. I dive at them or hit stick. I love how they swim right out of it to daylight.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:02 AM   #78
All Star

OVR: 33

When he said Reggie Brown avoided 8 tackles, he meant he avoided 2 cpu tackles and the user wiffed on another.

You don't need to dive or hitstick, just run into them and it shud be a wrap up tackle.

There is no comeback ai. just excuses.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:17 AM   #79
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Ever since I've frequented these boards I've seen people claiming comeback AI in pretty much every game. If you stop and think for a minute what would be involved with programming "AI comeback logic", you realize it just can't be in the game.

Developers work on a tight schedule to put in a lot of features and a lot of stuff doesn't even make it in...why the heck would the waste ANY time on a "AI comeback logic", a feature that no one would know is there and they can't admit to? We have folks complaining that they can't get certain programming aspects right, yet these same folks believe they program the game to decide when it's going to beat them. It just isn't that simple.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Comeback AI? Lol not. Maybe there might be comeback AI in this game if the CPU actually play called right late in the games but they don't so i rarely give up points in the 4th quarter. In 10 games i may avg a touchdown given up in the 4th quarter but one time i gave up 17 to the stupid bears but i got careless on offense and threw 2 stupid picks in the 4th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »