Home

What are you guys doing with draft classes

This is a discussion on What are you guys doing with draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: What are you guys doing with draft classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
The thing with NCAA draft classes, you're not guaranteed the same rating someone else got. There's a bubble if you will with the player and his rating.

The more I think about it, the more I'll just go with Madden's created draft. Seeing a rookie potentially at 90 will kill it.
I have no issue if there are only 2-3 rookies in the nineties, but if there are a bunch that is ridiculous. For example Adrian Peterson ... he certainly merited a 90+ rating his rookie year imo. My guess is many of them come in the 70's and 80's with only a few in the 90's. I can live with that to have the real players in my drafts.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:36 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

The problem with the high rated rookies is that they often don't get signed so you're stuck seeing 92 OVR James Laurinaitis and 90 OVR Percy Harvin in the free agent pool. I actually just simulated a season with the generated draft class and my top pick at 9th overall was a 84 OVR WR. I didn't see any rookies in the free agent pool so I assume that the rest of the class was normal.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #19
Rookie

the problem w/ generated draft class is that you can have QB w/ THP rating in the 70s or RB w/ speed in the 70s...it really is random and also throws off any realism in football..since what is the use of a qb that has no arm or a RB that is as fast as a defensive line.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:43 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Ever since they first started letting us import draft classes from NCAA, I've been doing it that way. It's the only way to go in my opinion.

But...ever since they started doing this on the current generation of consoles, they no longer let us edit players' jersey numbers on other teams, only the one we're controlling. And since I'm so anal about it, I've decided to control all 32 teams so I can go in after the draft and get rid of all the LB's with single digit jersey numbers, etc. I now go in and edit those jersey numbers to reflect the actual NFL standards.

It'd be so much easier if the game automatically assigned a jersey number to all incoming rookies that fits into the NFL's criteria. I'm pretty sure NFL Head Coach does this.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Ever since they first started letting us import draft classes from NCAA, I've been doing it that way. It's the only way to go in my opinion.

But...ever since they started doing this on the current generation of consoles, they no longer let us edit players' jersey numbers on other teams, only the one we're controlling. And since I'm so anal about it, I've decided to control all 32 teams so I can go in after the draft and get rid of all the LB's with single digit jersey numbers, etc. I now go in and edit those jersey numbers to reflect the actual NFL standards.

It'd be so much easier if the game automatically assigned a jersey number to all incoming rookies that fits into the NFL's criteria. I'm pretty sure NFL Head Coach does this.

This clinches it for me.............no way in crap will I be using the NCAA draft classes now. I was under the impression that you can edit the numbers once they come in like last gen. Thats huge for me and I thank you so much for posting this because I would have been really pissed if I finished a whole season and saw a LB with a single digit number on an NFL team. I too am very anal about equipment and #s.

That solves it for me lol...CPU generated players it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
This clinches it for me.............no way in crap will I be using the NCAA draft classes now. I was under the impression that you can edit the numbers once they come in like last gen. Thats huge for me and I thank you so much for posting this because I would have been really pissed if I finished a whole season and saw a LB with a single digit number on an NFL team. I too am very anal about equipment and #s.

That solves it for me lol...CPU generated players it is.
Control all 32 teams, then you can edit numbers. Leave the collateral duties set to cpu so cpu still handles stuff like depth chart, signing players, etc. It's a little more work, but not really that bad.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #23
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I like realism that's why I only use IMPORTED classes.

Not only do I get Crabtree, Tebow and the other REAL players. Their ratings are far more realistic. Yes their OVR may be too high, BUT their THA/THP/SPD/CTH, etc. are far more realistic than the Madden generated classes where you'll get a first round HB with 86 SPD, 85 ACC, 70 TRK, etc....

The players in the MGD's are awful. 1st round QB's with THA/THP in the mid-low 80's? That is totally unrealistic.

For those that say there should be no high 80, low 90 rated rookies I say that's unrealitic. Adrian Peterson should have been a low 90 rookie to START the season last year. Laron Landry and Joe Thomas as well.

This year players like Felix Jones, Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal, and others are showing they also should have been mid to high 80's, and they were drafted LATE first and SECOND ROUNDS!!!

Controlling all 32 teams during the 1st second rounds of the draft and editing #'s as you come across issues is the way to go.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #24
Rookie

I dont get the comparison that everyone is making with madden generated classes and NCAA import classes. I most def not an expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but when I import draft classes from NCAA, there are also players generated from Madden to pad the number. On top of that, not all of the NCAA players that are part of your draft class will show up in Madden.

So in essence, draft classes are a mixture of your NCAA import and madden generated players. There's not enough players in an import class to fill up the draft, ya know.

Quick example. My import class might have 4 halfbacks, but during the Madden draft there will be, lets say, 14 halfbacks. See what I'm sayin? So we have 4 from my import and 10 generated by the madden game itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »