Home

What are you guys doing with draft classes

This is a discussion on What are you guys doing with draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #25
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What are you guys doing with draft classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I like realism that's why I only use IMPORTED classes.

Not only do I get Crabtree, Tebow and the other REAL players. Their ratings are far more realistic. Yes their OVR may be too high, BUT their THA/THP/SPD/CTH, etc. are far more realistic than the Madden generated classes where you'll get a first round HB with 86 SPD, 85 ACC, 70 TRK, etc....

The players in the MGD's are awful. 1st round QB's with THA/THP in the mid-low 80's? That is totally unrealistic.

For those that say there should be no high 80, low 90 rated rookies I say that's unrealitic. Adrian Peterson should have been a low 90 rookie to START the season last year. Laron Landry and Joe Thomas as well.

This year players like Felix Jones, Desean Jackson, Eddie Royal, and others are showing they also should have been mid to high 80's, and they were drafted LATE first and SECOND ROUNDS!!!

Controlling all 32 teams during the 1st second rounds of the draft and editing #'s as you come across issues is the way to go.
Excactly! I like the imported classes. I simed a franchise befor my 360 broke and before the patch. So I was just basically fooling around but also trying to plan my draft. I found at least 2 rookies at or over 90 ovr. I'll re post to see if I find more but I know one was a DE from Tenn. Can't remember his name. And Malcolm Jenkins CB from Ohio State was a beast at 91. J. Laurenitus (or however u spell it) MLB also from Ohio State was a 89 rookie FA! I've heard the AI for the offseason computer controlled teams is pretty bad. I've heard they mismanage their cap so they can't sign some of their rookies. That's cool cuz I'll take Laurenitus for my Cowboys chise! Then I'll have him and P Willis from the 49ers! Yep I traded to get the studf MLB for my 3-4! Go COWBOYS! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What are you guys doing with draft classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaPeeplz
I most def not an expert so correct me if I'm wrong, but when I import draft classes from NCAA, there are also players generated from Madden to pad the number. On top of that, not all of the NCAA players that are part of your draft class will show up in Madden.

So in essence, draft classes are a mixture of your NCAA import and madden generated players. There's not enough players in an import class to fill up the draft, ya know.
wtf? import classes have over 1,000 players in them, theres more than enough to go round.

maybe next gen is different, but i dont think it is that different from what i've heard

257 rookies, 248 are guaranteed to appear every time a class is loaded, and then it picks the other 9 at random (max 4 from any 1 position).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »