Home

What are you guys doing with draft classes

This is a discussion on What are you guys doing with draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What are you guys doing with draft classes

Using your NCAA draft classes or going with the Madden generated ones.
I'm really having a hard time deciding what I want to do when I start my Madden franchise up after I get the patch this weekend. Go with my season one NCAA dynasty draft class or go with Maddens. It's hard because I'm really into my Penn State Dynasty and I would like to play with my players in the pros as well. But I also don't want 25+ rookies coming into the nfl with 90 ratings either. Decisions....decisions. Also don't want to use other peoples edited draft classes because than that defeats the purpose of me getting excited with using my own NCAA players....thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What are you guys doing with draft classes

Someone on these forums did draft classes with tweaks to the NCAA rosters to prevent 90+ ratings for Madden. I can't remember exactly who it was, but if you're willing to look, it may be worth your while. Also, wookie48 posted six draft classes from his rosters.

Then again, maybe the generated draft classes will give you more realistic ratings. Perhaps you can edit those players to fit the real players you think are going to be in the draft. That could possibly be the best route to take.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Don't mean to be a jerk but I said in my original post that I didn't want other peoples draft classes because that would defeat the purpose of me wanting to play with my players in future drafts. example: I recruit a player and he turns into a stud. I'll never see him in the NFL if I use other peoples classes.

I guess what I'm really asking is the high rated rookies a huge problem? Or are there only a couple 90+ rated players in the drafts that your seeing. I can handle two or three but probably not anymore than that.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

Sorry about that... Had my answer all worked out as I was reading your post.

I've not played through my franchise yet, so I'm not really sure what the classes are looking like in Madden. But from everything I've read thus far, players are rated ridiculously high.

Maybe generated classes (with you own edits) may be the best way for you to go.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
Rookie

I'm thinking about it since I'm not a HUGE college football fan and I only know of a hand full of players in college. I would rather have 70 rated rookies than 90 for sure. Especially with progression being fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

I understand your dilemma. I've had some really good players in my ECU dynasty, but I chose not to use them due to the high Madden ratings. I'm beginning to lean toward the generated classes myself if I can edit the players. It's just a game, but I think most players want it to be as realistic as possible. Overrated rookies sort of nullifies any semblance realism.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Exactly....its a battle lol.

Fake rookies with realistic ratings or Real rookies with insane ratings.
Its pick your battle I'm afraid. If you want to run your dynasty and franchise hand n hand anyway.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I just imported my draft class with no edits, but now I kind of wish I would have went with whatever fake guys they give us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »