Home

Finding Patch

This is a discussion on Finding Patch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Finding Patch

I have looked in a few places on the EA website to find the patch but have been unable to find it. I have my XBOX online and I created a new gamer tag, got the Gold Membership and played a rated game. I was told that by doing these things I would automatically been given the opportunity to download the patch. However this option has never appeared on my screen. Am I doing something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Finding Patch

I don't know what to tell you really. Whenever a patch becomes available for any game, the next time you load it up and are online a message will pop-up saying you have been signed out and will need to download the patch. You then choose ok to download it and when finished it will sign you back in and finish loading the game.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

i think it actually says that updates are required, so perhaps the OP got the patches, but doesn't realize since it doesn't specifically say "omgzZZZz you gotta download these madden patchez, bro!"
Old 09-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am having the same issue. I've tried everything but I still am without any roster updates or patches at all.

Any help is appreciated because I'm clueless. I figured popping the game in and turning on the xbox was sufficient but apparently it's not.

Also note that I am not having any other issues with xbox live. Everything else seems to work perfectly fine.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well I called Microsoft support and they were of no help what so ever. I am now attempting to contact EA Sports with this issue.

Does anyone in this forum have even the slightest insight on this issue?

The first time I started up Madden on the 360, it prompted me for some update. It didn't give much information, but I clicked yes. Some box popped up then the xbox restarted. I have yet to figure out what this 3 second update actually did.

After this, I have not received any more prompts. I also have not received any roster updates or game patches. The game simply starts up as it normally does.

Again, xbox live works perfectly fine, and I can even join or start online lobbies in Madden. Though, of course, I cannot play most people because I have the original default rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #6
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_max
Well I called Microsoft support and they were of no help what so ever. I am now attempting to contact EA Sports with this issue.

Does anyone in this forum have even the slightest insight on this issue?

The first time I started up Madden on the 360, it prompted me for some update. It didn't give much information, but I clicked yes. Some box popped up then the xbox restarted. I have yet to figure out what this 3 second update actually did.

After this, I have not received any more prompts. I also have not received any roster updates or game patches. The game simply starts up as it normally does.

Again, xbox live works perfectly fine, and I can even join or start online lobbies in Madden. Though, of course, I cannot play most people because I have the original default rosters.
Um,the update you were prompted to get that took three seconds is the patch. If you boot any game while connected to Live and there is a patch available,you will be prompted to download it.If you are not prompted,your version is current.

To obtain the roster updates for Madden,you must go on Live and start a quick match,ranked or unranked.If the roster version on your hard drive is not the latest official update,you will be prompted to download the update,and be given the opportunity to save.
You can then play the game that is set-up to play or you can back out and suffer no penalty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »