Home

new profile?

This is a discussion on new profile? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Rookie

ucat4's Arena

OVR: 2
new profile?

This might be a total noob question but it's driving me insane!

How do you create an additional "dummy" profile on the 360?

Under my madden, it will only save my current profile and not let me save a "new" profile or even rename an existing one.

I even went out to the hard drive to try to copy my current profile on the hard drive and it says that it cannot copy to the same drive that it's already on, yet it is the only hard drive, (its not like the thing has multiple hard drives).....makes no sense!

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: new profile?

I don't have a TV in front of me, but if I remember right, all you have to do is start up the 360 without a game in it, and rather than signing into a profile, down at the bottom of the screen it gives you an option to "creat profile" ... just click there.

Then use this profile as the second (dummy) profile when you play your game. Of course you'll have to set the sliders for the dummy profile before playing if that's your intention.

I played extensively with dummy profiles. IMHO, games using My Skill and IQ are vastly better games, although it takes 6-7 games before the IQ gets things adjusted right.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
Rookie

ucat4's Arena

Thx for the reply.....I will try that. And yes, it is for the CPU profile.

That is a good idea to use the "my skill" settings for a few games to see how that pans out.

I'm still confused as to why they didn't include CPU sliders to begin with!

Thx again Steeler99......even though I'm a Bengals fan! Not a proud one though!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
Rookie

ucat4's Arena

hmmmm.....I didn't see anywhere upon starting the xbox (without a game in) where it gives an option to create a new profile.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucat4
hmmmm.....I didn't see anywhere upon starting the xbox (without a game in) where it gives an option to create a new profile.
xbox or 360?

I can't say for sure on xbox, but on a 360 it works as I explained above. Starting up without a game in takes you to the system blades where you can access memory, select or sign in to profiles, etc. Rather than signing in to a profile, you create a new profile. If you are on xbox, maybe someone else here with an xbox can chime in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookie

ucat4's Arena

no, it's the xbox360. I went to the "system" blade, then to "memory", selected my hard drive, went to "gamer profile" and my options are to either to move or delete. Isn't the gamer profile for online use? as opposed to a "madden" type profile?

I honestly don't see anywhere among the different blades where I can create a new profile.

I'm not too worried about it, but it is bugging the crap out of me!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucat4
no, it's the xbox360. I went to the "system" blade, then to "memory", selected my hard drive, went to "gamer profile" and my options are to either to move or delete. Isn't the gamer profile for online use? as opposed to a "madden" type profile?

I honestly don't see anywhere among the different blades where I can create a new profile.

I'm not too worried about it, but it is bugging the crap out of me!
Don't go to "memory" ..... Just start your system up without a game in it, and the first screen it goes to is the blade where you sign into a profile. Instead of signing into a current profile, look down to the bottom of that screen and you should see an option to "create a profile". I'm at work again or I would go thru the process step by step for you, but it's really very simple.

All that said, imo your wasting your time with the dummy profile anyway ... it really doesn't work very good. Either try IQ with My Skill or wait for CPU sliders to be put in by EA.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
Rookie

ucat4's Arena

I did exactly what you said and there is literally no where to "create new profile" or even anything close to it in the first blade that pops up......or any of the blades for that matter. Maybe my version of 360 doesn't have the option to create multiple profiles.

I'm with you though, it probably is a waste of time to go through the whole dummy profile thing.

I will give the "my skill" settings a shot. I appreciate all of your responses and help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »