Home

Anyone else feel uninspired?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feel uninspired? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Anyone else feel uninspired?

I also feel the presentation needs to be ramped up for further additions of Madden.

It appears that's part of the plan where the development team is going for 10.

The franchise designer for HC is on board with Madden next year, so, that is a step in the right direction.

The games are fun, though.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'd like to know how the hell you people are getting the CPU run game going well enough, to keep it from being one of the major issues being listed. The lack of CPU running has completely killed this game for me. I have tried everything. Maybe if they weren't in such a damn rush to release the two patches, especially the first one, they could have gotten this issue in, which keeps it from being a very good game. I don't even think CPU sliders/DLC is going to help this one.

I've been uninspired since release day.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #19
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I also feel the presentation needs to be ramped up for further additions of Madden.

It appears that's part of the plan where the development team is going for 10.

The franchise designer for HC is on board with Madden next year, so, that is a step in the right direction.

The games are fun, though.

the only thing I am concerned about is what their "ultimate level" of presentation is compared to what is needed to give the game life. This year they were acting like they had "never before" seen broadcast presentation and TV networks were going to copy them it was so great. and we all kow how "awsome" this years presentation is. so while I hope they work on presentation, I hope they do it properly and dont halfway do it. Like I could totally see them adding better commentary and some type of pre game show, but leave out game specific commentary or halftime highlight commentary. so next summer we are all seeing video of a pre game show that looks awsome but we see the same stuff every game,etc. they need to be innovative and really capture the spirit of the SUNDAY in their presentation.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #20
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

All this has been discussed in a lot of threads since the game has come out. I've officially retired from the NFL and looking forward to NBA2K9. The reason why there's no presentation in madden is because they've concentrated on the horrible gameplay that they've forgotten to balance the game out. Football is over and done with. Basketball has taken over as the king of sports gaming and football will be lost forever. I too hate talking about NFL2K5 because the mods are so quick to silence us but it's the truth. Until EA comes out with a Madden that's better in all categories then NFL2K5, I don't see a future for madden anymore. This game was designed for online play not solo. So don't bother with franchise. I'll see you guys in the NBA2K9 forums.

Last Madden Post!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:35 PM   #21
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

I am going to trade it in and give HC09 a try...from what I have read it seems to be the best bet for any decent Franchise play. A shame really......in the past, I jones'd for Madden until it came out...played my Franchise nightly, could never get enough....this yr, I forgot about release day, was in no hurry to pick up my copy which I had reserved and prepaid...I don't play online so I rely on the Franchise play to be the deciding good game / bad game factor. After the patch, I was still left with that "something is missing" feeling. Since '05, "something has been missing". Maybe next year.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
The game would ultimately shine if it had a new physics engine that rendered the results on the fly with tightly controlled ragdoll animations and uniquely based on variables such as mass, force, weight, angle of pursuit...ect. Real life results based on impact and surrounding variables each play.
Man, with Backbreaker's aura getting bigger and bigger every day, that sure does sound like a plug.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #23
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12

It's completly uninspiring to me. I waited and waited for the patch so I can jump into franchise with a purpose. I play 2 games, and Im thinking to myself...again?

Maybe I will use a different team. From NCAA's dynasty problems coming a few years in and this. Why did I give these guys 140$?

Should of just gotten HC. Its a solid game for someone who likes doing ALOT of offseason stuff, and this is only a start.

NBA 2k9, looks to again hopefully peak my interest. If not, all hope is lost for gaming this year. Im a 90% sport only gamer, and only buy a select few classics that totally match my niche.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Old 09-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #24
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnybodyKilla
It's completly uninspiring to me. I waited and waited for the patch so I can jump into franchise with a purpose. I play 2 games, and Im thinking to myself...again?

Maybe I will use a different team. From NCAA's dynasty problems coming a few years in and this. Why did I give these guys 140$?

Should of just gotten HC. Its a solid game for someone who likes doing ALOT of offseason stuff, and this is only a start.

NBA 2k9, looks to again hopefully peak my interest. If not, all hope is lost for gaming this year. Im a 90% sport only gamer, and only buy a select few classics that totally match my niche.
Perhaps you should look into buying MLB 08 The Show. This is the best sports game ever made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »