Home

Great Idea for Madden 2010

This is a discussion on Great Idea for Madden 2010 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Great Idea for Madden 2010

Madden came out with the Madden IQ this year to determine a players strengths and weaknesses, if they have any. Its was a good idea and very creative.

Now I got a way for madden to expand on the madden IQ. Take it to online, but not base it off of difficulty settings, base it off of the type of player you are. I'm SICK OF PLAYERS A WHOLE BUNCH OF CHEESERS ONLINE. They need to be put in their own category and separated from the players that want to play a straight game. My eyes are bleeding from seeing people going for it on 4th down, no huddle, and using one or two plays all game. And im posting this on here, cause i believe most of you agree with me, let get rid of the players that NFL Blitz and find the players that play real football.

My idea is to have like 5 drill games to see what type of player you are, similar to NFL 2k5's system where it told your style of play and tendencies. From there, it should filter out each player in their own category. Have all straight players in one server and have all the other cheesers cheat with each other in another server.

I dont know what everyone thinks about this, but it would be good to hear some feedback on my idea. If they could be a simpler way (MAYBE BRINGING BACK FAIR PLAY!!!), post it up. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Great Idea for Madden 2010

You make some valid points, but I am not a big fan of seperating people off of servers though. Maybe they could add and track a stat for "play variety". Just log the average number of plays a guy uses on O and D. That way when you get a game invite you could look for a few key stats (% of hurry-up, play variety, % of blitz, etc) to let you know if you want to play the person. I think the key is for EA to give us enough tools to decipher what style of play a guy is. You should be able to look at win-loss record and some key stats and get a good idea of how a guy plays. So if you end up playing a cheeser then it is probably your fault for not checking out the stats prior to playing.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

I agree with everything you said except I don't think you need to play mini games to figure that out. Just like the Madden Test is a poor judge of actual skills in the game, I think that sort of test would not be very accurate. The great part of the feature is that it is adjusting after each game. I think a similar feature can be put into the online mode that tracks how you play (do you go for it on 4th? Do you blitz every down? etc) as well as your skill. It could separate into 3 categories: Hardcore, Casual, Sim. Hardcore would be for people that might cheese but are pretty good at the game. Casual would be for people that aren't good so they don't get beat every time they go online. And the only exclusive sector would be Sim.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

2 completely different games modes PEIOD.

1 server could support a MADDEN 2010 EA Sports BIG mode, where cheezer/cheats/glitchers could do their thing. Run 2-3 plays, nano blitz, WR direct snap etc and only runs 3 min qtrs to prevent Stat boosting etc....

While...

Another server supports ONLY "sim" style with FAIR PLAY. A maximum of 10 % D/C and selectable qtrs from 3-7 mins.etc...

This is a reletively easy fix and would show cheezers/glitchers that they have no place in a "sim" room etc.

EA caters to cheezers/glitchers when they should be doing away with them or steering them towards another of their football titles.

Cheezer/glitchers and EA confusing decision to lean towards them is mindboggling. All they do is ruin the game for everyone else.

CHEAT to win should be EA news slogan!! Cuz thats all 90% of the madden community does now and has ever really done since online play

Focus on making a better sim game and leave the cheeze for a seperate game mode entirely. Heck, all they have to do is pkg madden 09 with 2010 but make it tha seperate mode entirely..
Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

it's simple: allow online gamers to filter out or view players stats prior to playin them. the filter: allow only players you play your preferred style. and viewing stats, you can see how players play: going for it on fourth down 80%, pass 85%, blitz 75%, zone 90%, ect...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
it's simple: allow online gamers to filter out or view players stats prior to playin them. the filter: allow only players you play your preferred style. and viewing stats, you can see how players play: going for it on fourth down 80%, pass 85%, blitz 75%, zone 90%, ect...
I agree...something like this would be easily doable....allow everyone to view everyones stats and tendancies, ....good idea. Maybe next year.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »