Home

Do DIFFERENT TEAMS play according to their REAL strategies?

This is a discussion on Do DIFFERENT TEAMS play according to their REAL strategies? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Do DIFFERENT TEAMS play according to their REAL strategies?

I was just curious to how many of you feel if the different cpu teams in Madden 09 play according to their real life styles and strategies?

And if not, do they at least employ different styles and strategies from cpu team to team regardless of whether they are the correct strategies to their real NFL counterparts?

From my playing observations, it seems like almost all the teams are very similar in their style of play and strategies...but I may be wrong. Its hard to say and that is why I am looking for a little input from everyone

On a side note, Any chance we will ever see more of an emphasis on PLAYBOOK recognition or efficiency for players like we do with NFL Head Coach 09?

I think this would add a whole layer of realism to Madden that is missing. There really is no effective variable that allows for player mistakes....(Maybe awareness or run route? but do you ever see players fail to perfectly execute the play according to the design...ever?) This would be a great addition along with tons more animations so we dont see the same repetitive animations for tackles, receptions, jukes...over and over again. Perhaps a more evolved animation chain triggering mechanism? or a real physics based tackling engine the renders movement, tackles, and receptions on the fly based on physics rather than pre scripted and canned mocaps??

sorry to get of topic

Last edited by Lisa_Bonami; 01-05-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Do DIFFERENT TEAMS play according to their REAL strategies?

Not really, I once had the Patriots run the ball 30 times and pass it 10 times. Does that sound like the Patriots in real life?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

There hasn't been a version of Madden made that accurately represented individual team styles. That said, you can make changes to the coach "scheme sliders" which does help determine how often each team runs or passes, and whether they play more conservative or aggressive. Only hitch, I think you have to control all 32 teams in a franchise to do this?

Last edited by Steeler99; 09-26-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:03 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Are you serious?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

No. But different teams do have different uniforms and different player names so there is some variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
There hasn't been a version of Madden made that accurately represented individual team styles. That said, you can make changes to the coach "scheme sliders" which does help determine how often each team runs or passes, and whether they play more conservative or aggresive. Only hitch, I think you have to control all 32 teams in a franchise to do this?
IMO this slider like all the sliders don't have much affect no matter what you do with them. I have noticed no difference no matter where I put this slider. EA is not know for great sliders THAT WORK. They are real big on gimmicks that nobody wants though.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Not really. That's what you get when you base play calling on playbook content and a simplistic run-pass ratio without any purpose behind it.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I was just curious to how many of you feel if the different cpu teams in Madden 09 play according to their real life styles and strategies?

And if not, do they at least employ different styles and strategies from cpu team to team regardless of whether they are the correct strategies to their real NFL counterparts?

From my playing observations, it seems like almost all the teams are very similar in their style of play and strategies...but I may be wrong. Its hard to say and that is why I am looking for a little input from everyone

On a side note, With all the newer updated rosters out there, besides updating the teams each player plays for, have they also updated the player ratings to more accurately reflect current performances?....if so, is it 'possible' that some of these player rating adjustments could have included toned down QB ratings that would yield more realistic passing percentages and toned down "ROBO QB" performances on the field?

Im still using the game's original roster file that came with the game but I dont want to restart a franchise with the newer rosters if there werent any changes made to yield more realistic player performances
Not at all. To see a great example just play against the Jaguards. Fred Taylor will get all the touches and Jones-Drew will just warm the bench. In real life theyre considered one of the best RB duos in the NFL and are used interchangebly.

My EASportworld.com profile. Check it for some GREAT Giants plays.
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/4664087

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »