Home

Come on EA...

This is a discussion on Come on EA... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Come on EA...

What version of Madden are you playing? 360, PS3, PS2, or Wii?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

There are so many people that complain about this, ALL next gen maddens have this problem. BUT there is a way to not throw any interceptions, practice. I use to think the same way as you, but all it is, is playing dumb in madden. As the QB, you need to be smart throwing the ball. I play VERY smart as a QB and I get games were I dont throw any picks.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #11
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
There are so many people that complain about this, ALL next gen maddens have this problem. BUT there is a way to not throw any interceptions, practice. I use to think the same way as you, but all it is, is playing dumb in madden. As the QB, you need to be smart throwing the ball. I play VERY smart as a QB and I get games were I dont throw any picks.
I think he is talking about the CPU throwing picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
What version of Madden are you playing? 360, PS3, PS2, or Wii?
I'm talking about the 360/PS3 version here.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
I get LOTS of games where I don't throw picks. The fact is, you are pretty much safe from it as ong as you don't zip the ball too hard. I think, though, that the issue he's talking about is with the CPU, which is a very real issue. Interceptions are far to easy to come by and the slider has a minimum effect.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
Why is it that the interception slider does absolutely nothing at all? Why am I seeing Ben Roethlisberger throw three picks four minutes into the first half against the Raiders with JaMarcus Russell having a near-perfect 142.1 QB rating? Ben Roethlisberger's rating is a 1. A ****ing 1.

This is with CPU accuracy set at 100 and interceptions set at 5. Why the hell are interceptions so frequent in this game?
last i checked there is no cpu accuracy slider

but yeah there isnt really a whole lot you can do. but like you said, its a game. It mimics real life football, but it will never be exactly like real football to a T as long there are 21/22 players on the field being controlled by AI (which is all computer variables being calculated) and not a human.

and remember...the more complex/larger these games get, that leaves more areas as to where things can seem 'unrealistic'. thats why text based games can be so close to real life. calculate based off of stats/ratings/tendencies and spit out a result. but when you add on field play, many things can go wrong from time to time.

I think a lot of people expect too much and expect on field play to be near perfect. You just have to remember its a game, it mimics real football pretty well, but it will never be perfect.

what im trying to say is that as long as its not 3 picks in 4 minutes all game, every game, its still possible to have fun with it. but remember since its a game it isnt always going to play a perfect/realistic game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »