Home

Come on EA...

This is a discussion on Come on EA... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Come on EA...

Why is it that the interception slider does absolutely nothing at all? Why am I seeing Ben Roethlisberger throw three picks four minutes into the first half against the Raiders with JaMarcus Russell having a near-perfect 142.1 QB rating? Ben Roethlisberger's rating is a 1. A ****ing 1.

This is with CPU accuracy set at 100 and interceptions set at 5. Why the hell are interceptions so frequent in this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Come on EA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
Why is it that the interception slider does absolutely nothing at all? Why am I seeing Ben Roethlisberger throw three picks four minutes into the first half against the Raiders with JaMarcus Russell having a near-perfect 142.1 QB rating? Ben Roethlisberger's rating is a 1. A ****ing 1.

This is with CPU accuracy set at 100 and interceptions set at 5. Why the hell are interceptions so frequent in this game?
I was curious to this myself, interceptions have always seemed to be a "high number" stat.
Thats a very good question and certainly warrants some type of answer / explanation.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

Just be prepared for the "you suck at the game" replies, even though your question is very legit.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm not throwing the ball, this is the CPU.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Yeah, interceptions are much too easy, no matter the setting...particularly for user controlled picks. I think the passing game in general, from a defensive standpoint, needs serious work. I think that it is an area that needs close to a complete overhaul. The running game is moving in the right direction (at least for the user...the CPU could use a boost, but that moves into the blocking interaction discussion, IMO), the tackling is much improved, and animations are moving in the right direction. There have been some minor improvements to the passing game, but overall it's lacking. I do think everything ties together in some respect. Better blocking leads to more realistic pocket, which leads to more realistic pass rush, leading to more variance of QB decisions. Better DB/WR interaction leads to more realistic passing windows, creating more opportunities for innacuracy and a more balanced incompletion variety. Of course, none of this is possible without more refined ratings and tuning of those ratings to reflect differences in passing strength and accuracy, QB decision making. There is a lot that can be done with the passing game, to sum up my rambling. None of this is to say that it's horrible, it has improved. There is clearly more work to be done...and not just surface fixes, but core improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 03:38 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

cus u touch youslef at night
Old 09-27-2008, 04:09 AM   #7
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

I'll tell you what needs improved. Being able to lead your passes. Back in 2k, with Maximum passing, you really had control over where your throws went. Last night in Madden, I had my TE WIDE OPEN down the middle crease. I hold up on the analog stick, throw with about medium power and what happens? Am I awarded with a catch? No, of course not. The MLB jumps 5 feet in the air and snatches it up.

Now, the biggest reason for that wasn't the super human jumping, it was the fact that the pass leading feature failed completely. I checked the replay, followed the path of the ball as it left my QB's hand. It didn't lob, or float over the MLB's head like it should have for a deserved catch. It went in a straight LINE right into his leaping hands.....complete BS.

It's things like that I would like to see improved. I don't feel like I'm as in control of my players as I did in 2k...or even APF. Give the player back the nuances of control and Madden would be that much greater.

Last edited by Nintari; 09-27-2008 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
Rookie

Hell, I'd just like to see the sliders work as a percentage, just like another guy suggested. That would make gameplay that much greater.

If I set the interception slider at 0, I want to see 0% of the passes thrown be intercepted. I shouldn't be seeing things like this and, quite honestly, you never see this in the last-gen games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »