Home

Remember this is a video game

This is a discussion on Remember this is a video game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Remember this is a video game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
Sure there are some glitches here and there and other problems that could easily be fixed but I think some people need to remember this is a video game. There is never going to be a football video game that perfectly mimics real life football. There are too many factors that make it impossible. Everything from the user player's ability to AI trying to represent what 22 real life human beings can think and do on a football field.

If you want something that resembles real football well then just play some real football. Otherwise your always going to be disappointed playing a video game.

I'm not saying people should not question and drive EA to continuely improve their product and I'm sure I'll get a few flamer replies. My only point is THIS IS A VIDEO GAME. Play it for what it is worth.
But this game is not worth the $60 we paid.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
But this game is not worth the $60 we paid.
thats your opinion there are lots of people that would disgree with you
Old 09-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
There is also a lot of people that would agree me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 04:12 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
There is also a lot of people that would agree with me. Read the other threads, go to the other web sites. you can have your opinion and I can have mine.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

(Sighs)

C'mon guys (especially the OP); does it really need to be said that Madden is just a video game? Absolutely not.

It bugs me out when people use the "it's just a videogame" card. Of course it is. But does that justify the bad animations and warping we see in Madden today? NO!

People do tend to come down hard on EA but looking around at the quality of other sports games out there, I'd say that people are more than justified in most of their complaints.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Sure there are some glitches here and there and other problems that could easily be fixed but I think some people need to remember this is a video game. There is never going to be a football video game that perfectly mimics real life football. There are too many factors that make it impossible. Everything from the user player's ability to AI trying to represent what 22 real life human beings can think and do on a football field.

If you want something that resembles real football well then just play some real football. Otherwise your always going to be disappointed playing a video game.

I'm not saying people should not question and drive EA to continuely improve their product and I'm sure I'll get a few flamer replies. My only point is THIS IS A VIDEO GAME. Play it for what it is worth.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:34 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
There is also a lot of people that would agree with me. Read the other threads, go to the other web sites. you can have your opinion and I can have mine.
i never said you couldn't
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Or you could play NFL 2K5 / APF 2K8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »