Home

Holding Penalty Broken too now?

This is a discussion on Holding Penalty Broken too now? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #33
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Holding Penalty Broken too now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I can remember that many moons ago(ehh 14 days) where we were upset that there were no penalties at all. And now, well.....

Pre-patch penalties were pretty decent, I was getting a good mix up of different penalties with all penalties on 100. I was seeing false starts, off-sides, facemask, pass interference, everything except no roughing kicker or QB and no intentional grounding. Post-patch I have seen nothing but Holding. No other calls at all except Holding. None. Each game I have moved Holding down a few clicks at a time. At the moment, the last game I played I had Holding at 65 and there were still 14 Holding calls and as I may have mentioned, no other penalties whatsoever.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Pre-patch penalties were pretty decent, I was getting a good mix up of different penalties with all penalties on 100. I was seeing false starts, off-sides, facemask, pass interference, everything except no roughing kicker or QB and no intentional grounding. Post-patch I have seen nothing but Holding. No other calls at all except Holding. None. Each game I have moved Holding down a few clicks at a time. At the moment, the last game I played I had Holding at 65 and there were still 14 Holding calls and as I may have mentioned, no other penalties whatsoever.
I have holding at 55, and this seems about right. Everything else is maxed....unfortunately, I have onle seen a handful of defensive PI, clipping and false starts...everything else is holding, and NONE of the other penalties not mentioned are called. I thought IAN said there was going to be a "substantial increase" in the slider effectiveness....but it only seems obvious on holding calls.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #35
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Hey Mulder (or Scully)...they actually got this right. Stop trying to find things wrong with the game and just play the damn thing.
What I don't understand is how you can get away with inflamatory posts like this while others can't...The guy was simply voicing an opinion and he did the right way...incredible ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 PM   #36
Pro

utorde's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I have holding at 55, and this seems about right. Everything else is maxed....unfortunately, I have onle seen a handful of defensive PI, clipping and false starts...everything else is holding, and NONE of the other penalties not mentioned are called. I thought IAN said there was going to be a "substantial increase" in the slider effectiveness....but it only seems obvious on holding calls.

Ok, cool. After MNF is over i'll load up the game and go ahead and move Holding on down to 55 to see what happens.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:28 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
What I don't understand is how you can get away with inflamatory posts like this while others can't...The guy was simply voicing an opinion and he did the right way...incredible ...
You think my post was inflammatory? Report it. I'd have no problem accepting an infraction of the moderators feel it violates the TOS.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've gotten really odd holding calls myself. I had one on a receiver that was running a route and also on a quarterback .
Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #39
Pro

The amount of holding penalties was getting ridiculous, so I toned down the penalty slider for holding (was at 85 or so, down to 60). There as one drive where the CPU got called for holding 3 times in a row, resulting in 1st and 40 from their own 17.

the one that really gets me is that I had a holing penalty on a 60 yard pass play to my rookie WR (Jarett Dillard, I'm in the 2nd year of a franchis mode), so the TD was called back, but oddly, I had the ball 1st and 1 after that (way back though, the holding all was on Calvin Johnson).
Old 10-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think they might I had to put it back down to 50 but it wasnt too many but it would be like all 5 on one drive. The one thing I like that I have noticed is that it seems to plague the poorer offensive lines more than the elte.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »