Home

Madden Curse?

This is a discussion on Madden Curse? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden Curse?

The Madden Curse did most of its damage in the offseason, causing the NFL's all-time passing leader to be rejected by his long-time team. Favre, however, is tougher than the Curse. The Curse tried to knock Favre out of this week's game; he was actually listed on the injury list this week! But Favre said, "I don't think so!" Throwing 6 TD passes, Favre is the only guy in the NFL who can look the Madden Curse straight in its face and still say, "I'm comfortable in Wrangler."
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Madden Curse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandjordan
The Madden Curse did most of its damage in the offseason, causing the NFL's all-time passing leader to be rejected by his long-time team. Favre, however, is tougher than the Curse. The Curse tried to knock Favre out of this week's game; he was actually listed on the injury list this week! But Favre said, "I don't think so!" Throwing 6 TD passes, Favre is the only guy in the NFL who can look the Madden Curse straight in its face and still say, "I'm comfortable in Wrangler."
The season is still young my friend. The season is still young.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

The Madden Curse will have its effects on the Packers....they are the losers who let Favre go!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
The Madden Curse will have its effects on the Packers....they are the losers who let Favre go!
As a LIFE-LONG Packer fan (and Favre fan his entire Packer career)...let me explain something to you. The Packers were not wrong.

Favre retired, and the Packers based their entire draft (2 QBs) based on his decision, told Rodgers it was his team now...then favre changed his mind. The Packers were more than willing to let Favre return (as a back-up to the man they already had told was their starter) but he wanted to start.

It is really unfortunate the way it all came down. Is Favre wrong for changin his mind? No, not really....he can make that choice.

Is it the Packers fault because they did what was best for the future of the franchise based on the info they had?? (meaning favre retiring).....no. Nobody was wrong, and things really got distorted and hostile when it really wasn't necessary.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Banned

Nintari's Arena

Favre...pfft.

Dude has won ONE ring, and choked another away to an inferior Broncos team (Elway or not). He's great in the regular season, then annually finds a way to throw the game ending pick in the playoffs.

Has to be the most over rated QB in history. The media shields all blame when he screws up (last week) then blows up when he has a good game (this week). It's ridiculous....

I guess it's because he's such a nice guy with such a great personality. But I can name 10 QB's in NFL history who are far better. But you'd never know that watching ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Favre...pfft.

Dude has won ONE ring, and choked another away to an inferior Broncos team (Elway or not). He's great in the regular season, then annually finds a way to throw the game ending pick in the playoffs.

Has to be the most over rated QB in history. The media shields all blame when he screws up (last week) then blows up when he has a good game (this week). It's ridiculous....

I guess it's because he's such a nice guy with such a great personality. But I can name 10 QB's in NFL history who are far better. But you'd never know that watching ESPN.
Um... I don't know where you get that Brett "choked" away a ring to John Elway, but Brett actually played MUCH better than Elway did in that Super Bowl.

While I can't defend some of the decisions he's made in the post-season, there were times in his career where he's carried inferior teams to the post-season and simply lost to better teams.

Brett's "bad game" last week was due to A. Cromartie fighting the ball away from Coles and B. Cotchery running the wrong route on a pass play. Besides the two interceptions, Favre did throw for three touchdowns, which isn't bad.

And, if it's not as big a deal as you seem to think it is, YOU go out and play against a professional football team and throw for six touchdowns.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #7
Banned

Nintari's Arena

I'm not an NFL quarterback. Not only that, I'm not considered top 5 all time. I'm just a guy who sees a QB that is ridiculously overrated. ESPN did an article about this awhile back. It was saying how Farve always gets away with crappy games, throws, chokes...playoff losses...interceptions (all time NFL leader) etc. As soon as he does something good though its OH MY GOD, JESUS WITH A FOOTBALL!!

It's ridiculous. The guys stats, and playoff victories are a joke. During the 90's some of Favre's Packer teams were powerhouses. There is no excuse for that team to only win one ring. And I'm not just your average fan saying this either. I'm a Bears fan, and I watched this team pretty much make us their bitches for 10 straight years. Those Packer teams should have won 3 maybe 4 rings. They should have been the Pats of the 90's but they weren't. And Farve takes no blame even though it was his picks costing games. That super bowl against Elway would have been won had Farve not thrown those mind boggling picks that only Farve (and possible Grossman) can throw.

Compare Farve to Montana, Brady, Manning, Unitas,Young,Marino and tell me what you find. Farve is below ALL those QB's and by a large margin.

He's one of the best QB's, but would be hard to fit into the top 10 when you actually have to rank them based on stats,playoff and SB wins combined. Marino doesn't have a ring, but his stats so pawn Favre's that it's a moot point.

Last edited by Nintari; 09-28-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #8
Banned

^^^To keep this all in context, the above poster is a Bears fan, so Favre owned them many many many many many many times.....

Last edited by MJenness; 09-28-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: added some manys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »