Home

I am loving Madden 2009

This is a discussion on I am loving Madden 2009 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: I am loving Madden 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackw
Did you see my 'Skins beat those overrated Cowgirls today?!
My Broncs lost to the lowly Chiefs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
I think the game sucks.

Just my opinion.
Seems that my previous post, which I quote here, was taken the wrong way. Let me rephrase..

I have the game, I paid 60 dollars for the game, and I still think it sucks. The CPU can't run, they can't score, and when you lead the league in total defense as the Detroit Lions - I don't consider that ''realistic.''

''I am loving Madden 09'' gives the impression that all reviews/opinions are welcome. If I am mistaken, then the title of the thread should be changed to ''For those who love Madden 09's realistic sim game play.''

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Last edited by Anti Honor; 09-28-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #35

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Seems that my previous post, which I quote here, was taken the wrong way. Let me rephrase..

I have the game, I paid 60 dollars for the game, and I still think it sucks.

''I am loving Madden 09'' gives the impression that all reviews/opinions are welcome. If I am mistaken, then the title of the thread should be changed to ''For those who love Madden 09's realistic sim game play.''

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.
The misunderstanding is on your end and if you cant view a title of a thread like "I am loving Madden 2009" as being a thread to talk about people enjoying the game then I dont know what to tell you as its pretty obvious to most I would think. How does it give the impression that you should then come in and whine some more about how you hate the game? Sell the thing already then, whats the purpose of going into a thread that is clearly about someone enjoying the game just so you can say how you hate it? Arent there enough threads out there complaining about the game already anyways?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15

I love playing Madden and NHL 09 this year and NORMALLY I wouldn't. The thing is that both games are not "sim" and for some reason (perhaps I'm done searching for whatever "sim" is) that's okay.

I understand that Madden will probably be a pass fest by the CPU and that I'm going to have to deal with some high completion percentages, but I also understand that I am 5-2 and even though it drives me insane sometimes, I know that I can throw it right back at them (post angles are almost criminal in this game).

NHL? BRILLIANT game, but I have two great ways to score goals and if it wasn't for abusing those, I'd probably hate it.

Oh well....I'm not saying that they are both perfect, but I have to admit that after work or on a lazy Friday night when the wife goes out with her stupid friends, I'm going back and forth between Madden and NHL.

And 2K5 and Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)....not to start THAT topic.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
The misunderstanding is on your end and if you cant view a title of a thread like "I am loving Madden 2009" as being a thread to talk about people enjoying the game then I dont know what to tell you as its pretty obvious to most I would think. How does it give the impression that you should then come in and whine some more about how you hate the game? Sell the thing already then, whats the purpose of going into a thread that is clearly about someone enjoying the game just so you can say how you hate it? Arent there enough threads out there complaining about the game already anyways?
How did he give the impression he welcomed all opinions? When he asked ''where is the love?'' Nowhere in the title or original post, does he give the impression that this thread is for people who ''love'' the game. My opinion is simple, I think the game sucks. Does it mean you have to think that? No.

Hell, I've seen two people go completely off topic and start discussing the NFL. What the hell does that have to do with ''loving madden?''

Last edited by Anti Honor; 09-28-2008 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #38

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
How did he give the impression he welcomed all opinions? When he asked ''where is the love?'' Nowhere in the title or original post, does he give the impression that this thread is for people who ''love'' the game. My opinion is simple, I think the game sucks. Does it mean you have to think that? No.

Hell, I've seen two people go completely off topic and start discussing the NFL. What the hell does that have to do with ''loving madden?''
It has nothing to do with it but Im not a MOD so there isnt anything I can do about it, if you have a problem with them then report them, thats all I or you can do anyways.

I guess when I see the title of a thread such as this thread then I assume its more geared towards people who are enjoying the game, there are enough threads around with people venting and complaining, stick to those if you want to complain some more, but apparently thats just me. Anyone who said let the flaming begin, Im sure it was sarcastic and based on the fact that everytime someone says they like the game there are 10 people right there to question how or why he likes the game, as if it is personally offensive that the person likes the game.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #39
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

You guys don't have to get on anti honor for not "Loving Madden", he's entitled to his own opinions. You guys are only creating a flame circle. It's not like he's talking crap to the TC.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
You guys don't have to get on anti honor for not "Loving Madden", he's entitled to his own opinions. You guys are only creating a flame circle. It's not like he's talking crap to the TC.
we also don't need those who decided to sell the game and play something different in threads such as these, adding fuel to the fire.

Just a thought.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »