Home

I am loving Madden 2009

This is a discussion on I am loving Madden 2009 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
I am loving Madden 2009

Where is the love for this game? This is one of the best games I played and play a dam good sim football game. I know the game has some issues but overall thiis is is the best Madden I played for both last gen and clearly this gen.

This is coming from a hardcore 2k guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: I am loving Madden 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Where is the love for this game? This is one of the best games I played and play a dam good sim football game. I know the game has some issues but overall thiis is is the best Madden I played for both last gen and clearly this gen.

This is coming from a hardcore 2k guy.
Can you elaborate on what you find "sim" about Madden this year? IMO, it is terribly unrealistic because of the major flaws....ol-dl interaction, DB-rec interaction, fatigue, CPU AI, lack of realistic penalties (many are just absent), faulty officiating at times that is unreviewable (as you cannot choose what you want to review) and broken reviews....all of these make it extremely un-sim IMO.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Can you elaborate on what you find "sim" about Madden this year? IMO, it is terribly unrealistic because of the major flaws....ol-dl interaction, DB-rec interaction, fatigue, CPU AI, lack of realistic penalties (many are just absent), faulty officiating at times that is unreviewable (as you cannot choose what you want to review) and broken reviews....all of these make it extremely un-sim IMO.

This is why i'm now playing 2k5 with updated rosters and sliders. God the game plays flawless with those in the game. Never again am I getting another Madden. I fell in love.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Theres major flaws in real football too.Watching nfl games on sundays
are like some of my madden games.Ref calling stupid penalties,Qbs
throwing stupid passes..no run games for good RB`s then finally they break a big one.Teams you think will win lose.sounds like madden 09 to me..I love madden this year too.At first i was like "i dont know"
But it mimics real NFL games sometimes...Just watch the dallas/wash game thats on right now...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
This is why i'm now playing 2k5 with updated rosters and sliders. God the game plays flawless with those in the game. Never again am I getting another Madden. I fell in love.
congrats. Glad that you found your football fix for this year and the years to come apparently.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
Rookie

2k5 is a good get away game,i jump on that from time to time along
with HC,NCAA..
Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
congrats. Glad that you found your football fix for this year and the years to come apparently.

Well, I don't want to get you in trouble, but it was you that helped open my eyes. You guided me to teh light. I remember you were suggesting I buy 2k, subtly of course. So I did. THANK YOU COUNTRYBOY! YOU RULE!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
Theres major flaws in real football too.Watching nfl games on sundays
are like some of my madden games.Ref calling stupid penalties,Qbs
throwing stupid passes..no run games for good RB`s then finally they break a big one.Teams you think will win lose.sounds like madden 09 to me..I love madden this year too.At first i was like "i dont know"
But it mimics real NFL games sometimes...Just watch the dallas/wash game thats on right now...
Did you see Witten's TD how he got past the LB and kept on going and the LB could not keep up and was helpless to stop him, did you notice when the ball was coming he didnt just jump 10 ft in the air and bat it away

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »