Home

Here me out people

This is a discussion on Here me out people within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Here me out people

I'm just as frustrated as everyone else is with the short comings of Madden the past few years...but I was thinking, is this completely EA's fault?

I kind of think the finger pointing should be at Microsoft more-so than EA. I remember reading somewhere that MS limits the size of their patches and that EA is only allowed two patches per game. And then I read this article where a developer actually confirms the limited patch filesize.

http://www.gamersglobal.com/news/1299

Where the developer said:

"We're trying to do it. It's technically complicated. The size of a patch is very limited by Microsoft. So if we do a patch it would only be about the new control and the new camera. We can't promise it because it is still early. We are finishing this [PS3] version first. I guess it also depends on the success of this version. If people review it again and said it's not worth it ... *laughs*"

I'm not defending EA because they should absolutely put more effort into making games that don't require so much to be fixed in a patch, especially when they know they're limited. But why is MS limiting patches in the first place? I'm sure they've seen and heard about the fire that we've been lighting under EA's *** for the past couple of years. If they allow larger filesizes for patches will we be having these same problems year after year?

Microsoft has proven that they know how to make a decision that absolutely screws the customer over hard, whether it's blatant with all of these 360's that just decide to stop working for no reason or something subtle like the fact that they went with DVD-9 instead of building a HD-DVD or Blu-ray drive into the system which would have allowed games to evolve and expand.

I'm just curious, why aren't we all up in Microsoft's *** like we are in EA's? I understand EA makes the game, but if Microsoft is only allowing the company to fix games to a certain extent even after the Madden 08 debacle I think they deserve just as much or even more blame here.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 09-28-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Here me out people

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else is with the short comings of Madden the past few years...but I was thinking, is this completely EA's fault?

I kind of think the finger pointing should be at Microsoft more-so than EA. I remember reading somewhere that MS limits the size of their patches and that EA is only allowed two patches per game. And then I read this article where a developer actually confirms the limited patch filesize.

http://www.gamersglobal.com/news/1299

Where the developer said:

"We're trying to do it. It's technically complicated. The size of a patch is very limited by Microsoft. So if we do a patch it would only be about the new control and the new camera. We can't promise it because it is still early. We are finishing this [PS3] version first. I guess it also depends on the success of this version. If people review it again and said it's not worth it ... *laughs*"

I'm not defending EA because they should absolutely put more effort into making games that don't require so much to be fixed in a patch, especially when they know they're limited. But why is MS limiting patches in the first place? I'm sure they've seen and heard about the fire that we've been lighting under EA's *** for the past couple of years. If they allow larger filesizes for patches will we be having these same problems year after year?

Microsoft has proven that they know how to make a decision that absolutely screws the customer over hard, whether it's blatant with all of these 360's that just decide to stop working or the fact that they went with DVD-9 instead of building a HD-DVD or Blu-ray drive into the system.

I'm just curious, why aren't we all up in Microsoft's *** like we are in EA's? I understand EA makes the game, but if Microsoft is only allowing the company to fix games to a certain extent even after the Madden 08 debacle I think they deserve just as much or even more blame here.
So, it is Microsofts fault that EA doesn't properly test their game before they ship it???

I mean, I hate MS as much as the next guy, but your thinking is out there!!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

That's no excuse for the PS3 version. If they put one out on PS3 it would pretty much force them to allow it on 360. I noticed the Burnout updates after the first 2 were in the marketplace on 360,I have it on PS3 and got them all in game without being made to wait a week so maybe they do only allow 2.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Look, I am a fan of EA, but lets be reasonable here. MS may limit the number of patches that EA can put out on their system, but MS isn't the reason the games need to be patched.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

There is absolute no excuse for the game to be lackluster, after 3 years...3 YEARS. They had all that time to make up a great game for the next gen, but lets be honest here, the last gen games are much more better/realistic than the next gen games. I really wish EA didn't monopolize the market by buying the nfl license. What are they afraid of? Competition?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
There is absolute no excuse for the game to be lackluster, after 3 years...3 YEARS. They had all that time to make up a great game for the next gen, but lets be honest here, the last gen games are much more better/realistic than the next gen games. I really wish EA didn't monopolize the market by buying the nfl license. What are they afraid of? Competition?
the nfl decided to do that...not ea...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
the nfl decided to do that...not ea...

Link? I heard during that year that EA bought the rights to teh NFL license. Not the other way around.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Link? I heard during that year that EA bought the rights to teh NFL license. Not the other way around.
yea because the nfl put it up for sale..ea outbid 2k...not the other way around...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »