Home

**QB Ratings add animations to gameplay + Robo Gone

This is a discussion on **QB Ratings add animations to gameplay + Robo Gone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: **QB Ratings add animations to gameplay + Robo Gone

Its great that your thinking tho...thats a good thing.

However, I may have some...'slightly discouraging' news to report.

when I run these types of tests, I go to extremes to really try and exaggerate results to see if we are actually making a difference or just witnessing placebo effects. So I took the rosters of 2 teams (GB and SF) and took all 3 starting QBs on both squads and lowered their ACCURACY ratings down to between 10-15. Yes that's not a typo...between 10-15.

I even went so much as to lower their ARM Strengths down to the 30s range to see if there's a noticeable difference. While I was at it, I also took down their Awareness ratings to the low 20's and for good measure, I even took down (is it Play Reconginition?) down to about 10 which it was all pretty low to begin with which leads me to believe that that's not a QB required rating.

While I was having fun with the edits, i figured I'd also screw around with Ryan Grants, Frank Gores and Brandon Jackson's Ball Carrying ratings to about 15-20 to see if I see a messy fumble filled game

While I only tested 1 actual game between these teams, Sadly, I noticed only a marginal decrease in QB accuracy and only on some plays...And not one fumble throughout the game.

Now I know this certainly isnt what you would considered true scientific stress testing but at least, I would have expected to see these 'drastic and extremely low ratings' be somewhat more magnified even throughout one game.

So, I guess my point is, dont be afraid to really stretch or exaggerate those ratings...it seems like the results of ratings are very minimal to performances at best....There seems to be an overriding scenario results based algorithm overriding the actual player ratings.

At least that's what I've observed thru one game...i'll try a few more teams tonight if I can

Im hoping that EA releases the CPU sliders...perhaps this would provide better global performance variances
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #34
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami

when I run these types of tests, I go to extremes to really try and exaggerate results to see if we are actually making a difference or just witnessing placebo effects. So I took the rosters of 2 teams (GB and SF) and took all 3 starting QBs on both squads and lowered their ACCURACY ratings down to between 10-15. Yes that's not a typo...between 10-15.

I even went so much as to lower their ARM Strengths down to the 30s range to see if there's a noticeable difference. While I was at it, I also took down their Awareness ratings to the low 20's and for good measure, I even took down (is it Play Reconginition?) down to about 10 which it was all pretty low to begin with which leads me to believe that that's not a QB required rating.

While I was having fun with the edits, i figured I'd also screw around with Ryan Grants, Frank Gores and Brandon Jackson's Ball Carrying ratings to about 15-20 to see if I see a messy fumble filled game

While I only tested 1 actual game between these teams, Sadly, I noticed only a marginal decrease in QB accuracy and only on some plays...And not one fumble throughout the game.

Now I know this certainly isnt what you would considered true scientific stress testing but at least, I would have expected to see these 'drastic and extremely low ratings' be somewhat more magnified even throughout one game.

So, I guess my point is, dont be afraid to really stretch or exaggerate those ratings...it seems like the results of ratings are very minimal to performances at best....There seems to be an overriding scenario results based algorithm overriding the actual player ratings.

At least that's what I've observed thru one game...i'll try a few more teams tonight if I can

Im hoping that EA releases the CPU sliders...perhaps this would provide better global performance variances
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBltCqsFs0A

Don't even waste your time with adjusting player attributes.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Old 10-02-2008, 07:47 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have been reading these forums for a while, and while some people support EA full heartedly, and others will come down on them from high above... usually u can get one of the EA dev team ( IAN ), to respond to some of the comments and questions....

i would be really excited to hear a response or an explanation on this. is it really just a placebo effect?

if not, could we get an explanation of how this works then...

and along these lines, just a thought for 2010.... how bout releasing a roster editor... so that those of us who are willing to edit the players, have an easier system of doing so. instead of going into it slowly inside the game, release the PC/Mac/Linux based player editor that EA actually uses. you know they are not inside the game tweaking each individual player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #36
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBltCqsFs0A

Don't even waste your time with adjusting player attributes.
Seeing all those youtube vids is simply disheartening. I had seen the "trucking @ zero" before and that was just pitiful...... As I stated before I will not be playing this anymore once nba2k8 comes out anyway though. It is sad that their football games always make me ready for hoop season when football is my true love.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #37
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami

I did some more testing as well and am starting to see something else that may also have an overriding effect on the comp%.Those simply defensive adjustments you make....even if it is one move, then back to where you were at..... usually makes the cpu (apear) to alter the play. The games where I did that the comp% was low, if I didnt do it at all - robo came back.

Maybe I simply should not play video game football anymore? I am not sure if it is because I have played real ball all my life and love it so much that I am just that over-critical, but they just don't make "football."
Old 10-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #38
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
Still interested in your ratings if you can post them. Just wondering shouldnt QB's awareness be lowered too?
Hey! Why should my awareness be lowered?!?!?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #39
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

you guys do know that your basically glorified testers for these games when you change the ratings and stuff tryign to get a playable game?

like you actually PAY them... to test their games.

if thats what you feel you need to do to have fun, then by all means do you boo boo.

this man here is not doing that.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #40
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
i like how this guy says he changed the rartings to some magical numbers,is getting a whole new gameplay experience with thsi game that appears to actually be "fun"... takes the time to type out stats, says it wont be that long to make the changes... then never comes back to tell anyone exactly what changes he made.

what a quality thread.
Just like the guy saying he can apply game patches without being connected to Live.Talks all about it,but never goes into specifics.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...xbox-live.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »