Home

Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer

This is a discussion on Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Countryboy, why is it that you seem to defend EA no matter what? Just wondering. The president of EA could have raped and murdered a woman and you would say something like "Well, she came onto him and tried to stab him"
I have found that many of the members of OS with over 5000 posts have kinda developed a devotion to EA. Part of me wonders how much EA might have a hand in OS sometimes.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #18
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I have found that many of the members of OS with over 5000 posts have kinda developed a devotion to EA. Part of me wonders how much EA might have a hand in OS sometimes.
Its not that its just that EA receives 100% of the blame when in REALITY its EA 50% NFL 50%.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 09-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
while I am a fan of EA, I don't condone shady business practices from them such as what has happened here. Nor as I stated, am I a fan of the exclusive deal. Competition breeds better products for the consumer.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

The truth of the matter is EA KNEW Take 2 was coming up on their Madden game FAST. They made all the press releases to the contrary, mocking and making a joke out of NFL 2k5 if you remember. All the while, behind the scenes they KNEW there was a superior product out and at a 19.99 price point to boot.

Yeah, Take 2 put 2k5 out at 20 bucks to try to get some of the Maddenites to at least TRY it...and just think what would have happened in 2k6's game had they done the same thing.

This whole exclusive licensing deal stunk before this articel came out.....now it just sucks balls!!!! Maybe Take 2 knew this all along....perhaps it's why they immediately bought out the MLB license.....but allowed all developers EXCEPT Ea to continue making baseball games.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:12 PM   #21
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
This whole exclusive licensing deal stunk before this articel came out.....now it just sucks balls!!!! Maybe Take 2 knew this all along....perhaps it's why they immediately bought out the MLB license.....but allowed all developers EXCEPT Ea to continue making baseball games.
I wish it was the other way around and they bought the NFL license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #22
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
The truth of the matter is EA KNEW Take 2 was coming up on their Madden game FAST. They made all the press releases to the contrary, mocking and making a joke out of NFL 2k5 if you remember. All the while, behind the scenes they KNEW there was a superior product out and at a 19.99 price point to boot.

Yeah, Take 2 put 2k5 out at 20 bucks to try to get some of the Maddenites to at least TRY it...and just think what would have happened in 2k6's game had they done the same thing.

That really brings things in perspective. I noticed no EA Baseball titles out there (MVP), and quite honestly, MVP was good, for it's time, but very buggy and glitchy. I don't think nothing can touch MLB 08, well maybe 09, but those guys really did their homework.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:34 PM   #23
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Most likely a factor in why APF 2k9 was not released. They couldn't get/keep the HOF guys.

that and releasing a game with bad marketing schemes did not help either.

when to be real real? that game has been out for 14 months now..and I grant you your next door neighbor dont even know about.

I got it because I was on the 2k forums(still am). Cant sell lemonade when the people on your block don't even know where your stand is.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Am I wrong or didn't this deal go thru while SEGA still had the rights to 2k & not Take-2?

EDIT I was correct:

Quote:
This afternoon, Take-Two issued the following statement: “While sports games in general are an important part of Take-Two's product diversification strategy, the licensed NFL game we distributed on behalf of Sega this year was not a material contributor to our profitability to date, nor was it expected to be a meaningful contributor in the upcoming year. We remain committed to continued diversification of our product portfolio, including sports."
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12...s_6114977.html

Take-2 didn't buy 2k Sports from SEGA until after the deal was done. Take-2 was the marketing for NFL 2K5 & that's it.

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 09-30-2008 at 04:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »