Home

Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer

This is a discussion on Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #33
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

You know, I wouldn't care if APF came back without NFL names. I just want the series to keep going.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:32 PM   #34
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
You know, I wouldn't care if APF came back without NFL names. I just want the series to keep going.
That's what i'm saying! If they came out with no namers, but a really deep franchise, i'm there!

also, there are people there that will post roster updates for the NFL. There is nothing the NFL can do about that either.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #35
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
If I recall correctly Take 2 had an option for a 2nd release of APF in their contract with the retired players. But they choose to cancel APF.

I guess the real problem is that 2K Sports will be slowly but surely shut down.
The casualties so far:
APF
College Hoops
Indie Build (Links, Amped)
Kush

Next NHL2K?
You only have a partial recollection. Each deal was different between the players. Only a handful of them had that deal.

I don't know if APF has been canceled, but I'm sure that if it were, the main reason would be sales. Not enough People want a game without the NFL teams and/or players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #36
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Information like this is frustrating.

I really have to live in denial to fully embrace Madden football. If I start mulling over the Take Two situation, the fun factor of the whole thing becomes soured.

I like Madden 09, but I still wish APF 2K9 existed, and I really wish ESPN 2K9 existed.
This is why I can't play any football game. Not even APF. Or 2K5. It's just too much of a reminder of what SHOULD have been. Madden would have been better, but they broke the game. 2K would still be out, improving each year. I'd have 2 great games, but instead I have none. It sucks, but we move on. I'm all about NBA now and I'm starting to get more into hockey now that Bill Wirtz is gone and the Bwawks have the young guns.

Now if someone could make a good baseball game, I'd be set.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #37
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Countryboy, why is it that you seem to defend EA no matter what? Just wondering. The president of EA could have raped and murdered a woman and you would say something like "Well, she came onto him and tried to stab him"
Playing devil's advocate; he has a point. The NFLPA shares quite a bit of blame in this. However, since this is a VIDEO GAME message board, the video game side of it is the focus. And that side is represented by EA. And if EA had any scruples, this deal wouldn't have happened.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #38
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Why are you guys hating on EA? Shouldn't you guys be more angry at NFLPA? I mean, they have to be the one that agrees and gets the money.

Some people just want to hate EA for no valid reason.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #39
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Why are you guys hating on EA? Shouldn't you guys be more angry at NFLPA? I mean, they have to be the one that agrees and gets the money.

Some people just want to hate EA for no valid reason.
Define hate
Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #40
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

if you went to an open house and made an offer of 50k for a house that others were bidding 250k and up on and the realtor offered you the sale, would you:

a)decline to buy for moral reasons

b)buy it, move in, and dare the original owner to come trying to cry foul

c)report the realtor, meet with the owners themselves, and offer a fairer purchase price

Honestly, it seems to me that EA took option b and i can't blame them for that. It's not EA's job to run the NFLPA or ensure that X amount of dollars went to the actual players. It's EA's job to be as dominant in their market as possible and make as much money as possible. Thats what businesses do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »