Home

Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer

This is a discussion on Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two offer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:47 PM   #41
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

It sounded more like a back room deal BOTH parties were a part of... not the NFLPA just offering EA a sweet deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Lawsuit states the NFLPA conspired with EA to take a smaller deal than Take Two o

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
It sounded more like a back room deal BOTH parties were a part of... not the NFLPA just offering EA a sweet deal.
it definitely sounds like a backroom deal....i find this quote particularly interesting...

Quote:
"I was able to forge this deal with the [Hall of Fame] that provides them with 400K per year (which is significantly below market rate) in exchange for the HOF player rights. EA owes me a huge favor because of that threat was enough to persuade Take Two to back off its plans, leaving EA as the only professional football videogame manufacturer out there."

Last edited by mr_president; 10-01-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #43
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

I don't see how this lawsuit has any merit. We don't control the NFL or NFLPA. They do themselves. They can do what ever they damn please and give the license to who ever they want. We don't hear about fans whining about Nike not making NFL jerseys because Reebox only can. What is this lawsuit trying to accomplish?
Old 09-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
I don't see how this lawsuit has any merit. We don't control the NFL or NFLPA. They do themselves. They can do what ever they damn please and give the license to who ever they want. We don't hear about fans whining about Nike not making NFL jerseys because Reebox only can. What is this lawsuit trying to accomplish?

This is much bigger than the analogy you used it's more about symbolism. Obviously people were angry enough to go through with the lawsuit and even more people that have yet to be heard are too. I feel that maybe we all have been cheated out of what might have become one of the greatest football games(ESPN Football 2K) to take over and honestly I remember a time when games like NFL Gameday was leading over the Madden series for half a decade. This issue has taken the right of free choice from us dude. You should be upset yourself because they(EA) has allowed us to miss out on other solid titles like Gameday,Gamebreakers,NFL Quarterback Club, Microsofts football game that I can't seem to remember because it has really been that long ago we had the ability to choose...............
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only professional football league in the U.S. paired with the only producer of a professional football game...a match made in heaven. Its the NFL's desire for monopoly that has spawned this problem. They allow exclusive rights to many companies. EA just did what it took to survive, I won't call that underhanded. I just wish they would make better games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by likesbacon
The only professional football league in the U.S. paired with the only producer of a professional football game...a match made in heaven. Its the NFL's desire for monopoly that has spawned this problem. They allow exclusive rights to many companies. EA just did what it took to survive, I won't call that underhanded. I just wish they would make better games.
I think that the Nba live team should do the next madden
Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 AM   #47
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I wonder why the NFLPA Would want Madden as the official NFL Game? Do you think it is because Madden has Dominated every other football game released in sales and money made?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:54 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcusefan
I wonder why the NFLPA Would want Madden as the official NFL Game? Do you think it is because Madden has Dominated every other football game released in sales and money made?
It's simply because the NFL is a money hungry machine. EA sports is a much more well known label than 2k sports is. It's all about the marketing. The NFL could give a **** less about the actual quality of the game (obviously), it's the marketing that they love. As long as EA is around, you will never see another NFL game made. They will keep renewing the license a year or 2 before the contract expires. There is no reason for the NFL not to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »