Home

2 Fantasy Franchise questions.

This is a discussion on 2 Fantasy Franchise questions. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
2 Fantasy Franchise questions.

1.) I know that they fixed player progression unless you edit a player's stats, but will a player still progress if you change something non-stat related (i.e. change Chad Johnson to Chad Ocho Cinco or change a player's equipment)?

2.) What are some good ways to open up some cap space if you ended up with a lot of big name, young players (my big two are Demarcus Ware and Calvin Johnson, I also have David Garrard and Terrance Newman, but they're not "young" anymore... well, maybe Newman)? I had 3 people retire (TE, WR, CB), and it only opened up about 1 million in cap space, so I had to trade Roy Williams (the SS, 91 OVR after the season, 7 mil cap hit) for an 84 OVR SS (around 600k cap hit on a 3 year contract).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2 Fantasy Franchise questions.

What if you edit ratings before starting a franchise?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
2.) What are some good ways to open up some cap space if you ended up with a lot of big name, young players (my big two are Demarcus Ware and Calvin Johnson, I also have David Garrard and Terrance Newman, but they're not "young" anymore... well, maybe Newman)? I had 3 people retire (TE, WR, CB), and it only opened up about 1 million in cap space, so I had to trade Roy Williams (the SS, 91 OVR after the season, 7 mil cap hit) for an 84 OVR SS (around 600k cap hit on a 3 year contract).
Renegotiate big contracts to have small base salary and large bonus. This practice will eventually catch up with you, but this is what aggressive NFL teams do.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachwf
What if you edit ratings before starting a franchise?
Can anyone answer this?

Also what if you change a player's position. For example Moving Jordan Dizon from MLB to SS??

Why is progression broken? This is by far the last madden game i buy! Just one big pure lazy non tested product! For example, how can a player win Rookie of the year or MVP and not progess into the elite '90' rank?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »