Home

Player Regression

This is a discussion on Player Regression within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8
Thumbs down Player Regression

Player regression in this game is broken or poorly planned. I'm playing as the Browns in my franchise and just won the super bowl. 3 of my starting o-line have went down in ratings. Joe Thomas has lost -1 awareness. Eric Steinbach has lost - 1 strength as did my right guard. Two years in a row this has happened to my o-line. Steinbach now has 86 strength. Other Gems is that Tony Romo is now a 91 in my franchise even though he played two good seasons in my franchise regarding stats. Steinback after this season in franchise will then have 85 strength as a left guard. Dude is in his prime like my whole line but they are declining every season... what a joke.

What is the point of playing franchise if my young offensive line keeps declining every season for no reason? The older players are suppose to get worse over time not guys who are in their prime! Tony Romo at age 30 in my franchise is now a 91 when he went to the pro bowl for those two seasons!
DAMN

Last edited by Titus001; 09-30-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Player Regression

What was your running game like?

I don't know how they do it now, but some older versions of Madden, the o-line progression was linked to the productivity of your running backs for some reason..

Maybe there is also some other factors involved in this years game?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:14 AM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Maybe its due to the lack of human pancakes. I know my guys will hit the mid 20's when the rest of the league is in triple figures in pancakes.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_max
What was your running game like?

I don't know how they do it now, but some older versions of Madden, the o-line progression was linked to the productivity of your running backs for some reason..

Maybe there is also some other factors involved in this years game?
For some reason I think it is random. Or it is a terrible bug. Here are the stats.

Chris Wells as a Rookie came in at 89 overall. I traded a bunch of picks for this guy. Stats 1,487 yards 12 tds 4.5 ypc

Brady Quin 95.8 qb rating

Steinbach 37 pancakes only gave up 3 sacks. He went down 1 overall point.
-1 awareness, -1 Strength, -1 Pass blocking and -2 run blocking.

Joe Thomas 33 pancakes gave up 5 sacks. -1 overall rating, -1 awareness, -2 Pass blocking and -1 Run blocking. My right guard also went down. Funny thing is some of my back up lineman improved. Go figure.

Tony Romo is now 91 overall. His qb rating the season was 106.7.

Horrible. Two years in row in my franchise it was like this for my lineman. Each time they declined when they are still young players.

Last edited by Titus001; 10-01-2008 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #5
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus001
For some reason I think it is random. Or it is a terrible bug. Here are the stats.

Chris Wells as a Rookie came in at 89 overall. I traded a bunch of picks for this guy. Stats 1,487 yards 12 tds 4.5 ypc

Brady Quin 95.8 qb rating

Steinbach 37 pancakes only gave up 3 sacks. He went down 1 overall point.
-1 awareness, -1 Strength, -1 Pass blocking and -2 run blocking.

Joe Thomas 33 pancakes gave up 5 sacks. -1 overall rating, -1 awareness, -2 Pass blocking and -1 Run blocking. My right guard also went down. Funny thing is some of my back up lineman improved. Go figure.

Tony Romo is now 91 overall. His qb rating the season was 106.7.

Horrible. Two years in row in my franchise it was like this for my lineman. Each time they declined when they are still young players.
I know it sucks that some of your linemen have lost some points on their ratings, but just train them to get back what was lost and possibly make them better than they were...

ala Madden Maintenance...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I know it sucks that some of your linemen have lost some points on their ratings, but just train them to get back what was lost and possibly make them better than they were...

ala Madden Maintenance...
I did do the lineman drills that are called crushing Run blocker and pass blocker. Those two things improve run block strength and pass block strength. Those are the only two things you can do to improve lineman.They do not improve normal pass blocking or run blocking. My rating drops for my lineman are for something that I can not improve in drills like Awareness, Normal Strength, Normal run blocking and pass blocking since ea left that out. So,,, the ratings that dropped that I mentioned in above post I can't improve them via lineman drills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »