Home

Why do they put games in Franchise that you HAVE to lose?

This is a discussion on Why do they put games in Franchise that you HAVE to lose? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why do they put games in Franchise that you HAVE to lose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial
I shouldn't even acknowledge this response, but why did you feel the need to create the most extreme hypothetical case ever? I wish people would just listen to the guy (the OP) because I've never spoken with him and I've drawn the same conclusion myself after many years of playing Madden. I don't expect to win every game, but the ones that I do lose are games in which the CPU has already determined beforehand that I must lose (that's a fact, and the reasons have been given by a number of people in this thread so far). I mean, I know some people love the game and would like to defend it every chance that they get but some things just seem like they'd be universally recognized. This I would consider one of them.
Whats hypothetical about the situation? Its never been all that difficult on Madden before to go undefeated and put up huge numbers. Ive never experienced the AI this year determining that "I have to lose this game". If I lose the game, I lose the game. If people didnt hit the reset button when they lose then how would they even know that they couldnt get a different result by playing the game again? So the only time you lose is when the CPU says "Ok you must lose"? That just sounds like a joke to me.

Games against the CPU are harder this year than they ever have been. Thats the only thing that Ive noticed. Ive never gotten the impression that Im not in control of my own destiny while playing a video game, Madden is no exception. Football is about imposing your will on the other team, if the CPU is imposing their will on you, then get better. I dont know what else to tell you really.

By the way nothing in this world is "universely recognized" except maybe the law of gravity and the fact we need oxygen to survive. If you dont want to "aknowledge" my response its not going to hurt me any. If you dont want to think my opinion is valid that is not going to hurt me any. You're really only hurting your own position by being so dismissive of other peoples perspectives. I dont agree with the OP, you do, theres nothing universal about that. Sorry if that bothers you and you feel everyone in the world must agree with you, that must be a hard life.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #34

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial
I don't expect to win every game, but the ones that I do lose are games in which the CPU has already determined beforehand that I must lose (that's a fact, and the reasons have been given by a number of people in this thread so far).
are you serious?? so if i start a game and am losing at the end, decide to turn it off and try and play it again i will just lose no matter how many times i play that game because it is predetermined????? cmon now.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #35
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Why do they put games in Franchise that you HAVE to lose?

yeah I dont agree that there are games that you have to lose or that anything is predetermind, but I definately see alot of superhuman stuff late in games. Maybe part of it is difficulty level. I play on All Madden and sometimes the stuff at the end of the game is just insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
yeah I dont agree that there are games that you have to lose or that anything is predetermind, but I definately see alot of superhuman stuff late in games. Maybe part of it is difficulty level. I play on All Madden and sometimes the stuff at the end of the game is just insane.
kinda like the last 4 minutes of the colts game today?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »