Home

User Catch and running the ball?Its simple

This is a discussion on User Catch and running the ball?Its simple within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: User Catch and running the ball?Its simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
i only play with lb's im really great with the olb's, just rembember that strafe is ur friend. use the mlb if u notice that ur opponent likes to run alot, use ur olb's on passing downs (w/e side that has the most recievers) just try to use this as a base study. U HAVE TO LEARN THE OFFENCE'S TENDENCIES IN TH FIRST QTR!!! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE IF U LIKE TO PLAY WITH LB'ERS GUYS WILL TRY TO ATTACK U, U HAVE TO MAKE THEM RESPECT UR STICK (no homo) when u r practicing against the cpu remember to strafe off the snap! try to anticipate the throw because u have to press the catch the button while the ball is in the air so that he can pull off the jump animation. try it out, works for me
You can't strafe online because it's turned off for anything above pro difficulty.

Second, if anyone uses their MLB against me, or any LB for that fact, I will pawn them all day. Not a good idea IMO.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

Still, its stupids how receivers cannot 'jump' jump.

Its more of a friendly hop for the ball.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am having trouble running the ball. The problem I am having is the speed of the running back. Right after the hand off he seems to slow down like his putting his head down. This only happens in games. When I do this in practice mode the running back after hand off seems smooth and he doesnt slow down like that. I tried different controllers I have but it happens with any team in any mode (just not in practice). Also when I let the computer controll the RB after the run the speed seems just like it is in practice mode.

Is anyone else exp this problem? Am I doing something wrong the left thumb stick on the ps3 controller? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjD989
I am having trouble running the ball. The problem I am having is the speed of the running back. Right after the hand off he seems to slow down like his putting his head down. This only happens in games. When I do this in practice mode the running back after hand off seems smooth and he doesnt slow down like that. I tried different controllers I have but it happens with any team in any mode (just not in practice). Also when I let the computer controll the RB after the run the speed seems just like it is in practice mode.

Is anyone else exp this problem? Am I doing something wrong the left thumb stick on the ps3 controller? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you hitting turbo right away? Or pushing the stick to the side at handoff?? Might be the problem. DO NOT SPRINT immediately....wait until you clear the LOS, then hit the sprint when you are beyond it...
Old 10-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 29

I am not seeing WR manual jumping either. I always end up manual catching the ball on long passes by simple miracles.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:54 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
Are you hitting turbo right away? Or pushing the stick to the side at handoff?? Might be the problem. DO NOT SPRINT immediately....wait until you clear the LOS, then hit the sprint when you are beyond it...

I am not pressing sprint right away. I made sure of this when i was testing it out. I have tried with and without sprint button. Lets say i am right HB stretch right it would slow down like i am pressing hit stick up right after the handoff slowing me down. Alot of times i am pressing the left stick diaganolly or left which in the case i mentioned would be running right initially. It does not happen in practice for some reason. I do the exact same thing. I dont use juke or the hit stick at all when i tested this.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjD989
I am not pressing sprint right away. I made sure of this when i was testing it out. I have tried with and without sprint button. Lets say i am right HB stretch right it would slow down like i am pressing hit stick up right after the handoff slowing me down. Alot of times i am pressing the left stick diaganolly or left which in the case i mentioned would be running right initially. It does not happen in practice for some reason. I do the exact same thing. I dont use juke or the hit stick at all when i tested this.
I have the same problem. It only seems to happen when i'm running left though for some reason.

It sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #16
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

i notice this when i try to switch back to my HB after using the lead blocker, any way around this glitch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »