Home

Alright, what's up with franchise?

This is a discussion on Alright, what's up with franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #1
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3
Alright, what's up with franchise?

So I got the game and played some "play now" type games waiting for season rosters to comeout and to finish my NCAA Dynasty before starting my Madden franchise.

I grab the week 4 rosters and fire up a dynasty with the Steelers, using the IQ settings and my Madden IQ at 690 ish.

In Play it now games, I've had good games. 17-10 type games. I've also had some high scoring games.

Never had a problem with getting pressure on the QB though. I've held teams to under 100 yards passing in the half, getting 3-4 sacks in the half, etc. Completion percentages felt normal.

So I patch, DL some rosters and fire up my 'chise. First game is against the Texans. I win 35-30 on 8 min. quarters but for the LIFE of me could not get to the QB (Had one sack on a two point conversion) and the CPU missed 3 passes tops.

WTH? I say well, lets go to game 2 against the Browns. Derek Anderson starts off 16 of 18 and again, no pressure......

What is going on with Franchise?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Alright, what's up with franchise?

My best advice is use alot of audibles. Go from man to zone or zone to man and do it right before the snap when you think they're going to pass. It seems to screw with the CPU's mind and causes them to act really dumb half the time.

That's pretty much the only way I've found to interrupt ROBO QB outside of luck and dummy sliders.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

The gameplay should see great improvement if we get this DLC in the mix. CPU sliders should have a bigger impact than dummy sliders.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
My best advice is use alot of audibles. Go from man to zone or zone to man and do it right before the snap when you think they're going to pass. It seems to screw with the CPU's mind and causes them to act really dumb half the time.

That's pretty much the only way I've found to interrupt ROBO QB outside of luck and dummy sliders.
Yeah I struggled against the robo qb until I decided to practice my defense in practice mode. I learned all audibles,, formation changes at line, spotlight receivers, etc. I now confuse the cpu qb by showing diferent looks sometimes. For example, I love it when I have the cpu thinking I am about to blitz (show blitz) to then go into man/zone coverage when the ball is snapped. I have had intceptions and sacks this way. Its a great feeling (I even start screamin like Samuel Jackson in coach carter - "thats right, I called that muthaf***ing play!")! I really try to play the 'chess' game and try and outsmart the cpu.

No I don't stop the cpu all the time but I have had some good games trying to confuse the qb. Of course, there are sometimes when I am totally outsmarted by the offense and I get burned.

I am truly enjoying this game for what it is. I am in week 4 with my eagles franchise. I am 2-2 with no freezes yet (hopefully never) and I am playing with myskill. Never took madden iq though.
College Hoops 2k8 - 12-13 Legacy
psn: madness13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »