Home

Natural Motion, Is it in for 2010?

This is a discussion on Natural Motion, Is it in for 2010? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Natural Motion, Is it in for 2010?

Until proven otherwise I'll remain highly skeptical that it will translate into the perfect animation system for football that a number of folks on the net think it will be.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

No one said it would be a PERFECT solution, but it could make Tiburion's job much easier as of now, they are trying to imitate true physics instead of having them...

Ever wonder why there has never been a pile up in Madden? There is your answer. Lets go...

And Ian has stated that he is skeptical that the tech may not be the answer due to players having a rag doll look to them, but I would take that over seeing the same animations over and over and knowing what is going to happen as soon as the player interaction begins. I want to be surprised, challenged, and rewarded.

Last edited by cdon2k; 10-05-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

The truth of the matter is, EA doesn't have the money to buy the technology or the talent to develop it. They've blown their wad on the exclusive license. I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with slight tweaks of the current engine until the next generation of consoles arrives, and even then, there's no guarantee they'll be able to deliver something that's much further advanced than what we have now. Hell, EA can't even afford playtesters that know you can't run out of bounds and catch a pass without drawing a penalty.

I don't like it either, but it is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

Heh heh, EA doesn't have the money.... lol that's funny, best one I have heard in awhile. Now if you are referring to the game's budget, now that may be limited, but I think things are changing.

I think EA exec's were really pissed when sales started to lag on next gen. Thus the reason behind the improvements for 09 and the direction for 2010. Madden was in hot water and I imagine the exec's saying "fix this money machine". The team is generally making an effort and sales reflected it this year. And they are promising the "god game" for 2010, but my original question is will it feature natural motion? It seems like the only way that they can deliver on all of their ambitions and truly turn Madden into a definite pre-order (oh, did I mention those have been down as well, Peter Moore tried to act as if it wasn't a big deal, but companies are always trying to put on a happy face dispite the facts of the situation).

EA's money and size as a company is the only reason I believe this may be going down. The only thing that scares me is that they may buy the tech to use in all of their games and not license it out to other companies to keep their monopoly going. But whatever, as long as Madden gets it, the only NFL game on the market, I will be happy.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #13
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I think that it's only wishful thinking on your part if you think Natural Motion is going into Madden 2010. That's not to slander or make fun of you at all. But reading over several msg boards the past few months since we've seen this community interaction, the folks at EA have more than one time come out and said they are not convinced on this Natural Motion Euphoria technology in a sports game.

They (Ian Cummings & Anim8tor) have both picked out the flaws in the tech and have provided reasons as to why it may not work in a sports game.

If you have the time, do a search and see if you can find either one of their responses discussing the natural motion tech. Unless they've been trying to pull the wool over our eyes or throw us off, I think it's safe to say this new tech will not be in the next Madden. I just can't see EA taking all this time to try and perfect this new branching animation technology only to throw it away in favor of the Natural Motion Euphoria.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

This year's sales are flat, EA's stock is in the ****ter ($30 and some change, as of today), they reported a huge loss last quarter, and they've got several exclusive licenses to pay off. I'll say it again...they don't have the money for it.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

I wasn't saying it was going to be in the game. I was just explaining to the guy why it may be good for a sports game and why EA may consider buying it.

As far as it in 2010, I just heard that they were announcing something in Leizpeg and never heard what that was. That topped with what they have been promising for 2010 makes me wonder...

To the poster who said the sales are flat, what is EA's solution to that?

Buy Everything!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 01:05 PM   #16
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

I remember hearing about this going down. EA was supposed to announce something at E3 but never did and when asked about it they said "Are you going to Leizpeg?" leaving us to wait and wonder. But yeah, I haven't heard anything else about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »