Home

So many things backwards in game, haven't seen anyone mention them

This is a discussion on So many things backwards in game, haven't seen anyone mention them within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
So many things backwards in game, haven't seen anyone mention them

There are several things in the game that are backwards, yet I have never seen anyone mention any of them. Seems that EA doesn't know their left from their right, lol.

1) Choosing which endzone to defend at the beginning of the game - When you choose to defend the endzone that the wind is blowing in to, that means you should start out facing the wind when on offense. So when you make that choice you should be going in to the wind in the 1st & 3rd quarters and going with the wind in the 2nd & 4th. It's just the opposite in the game though. So you have to pick the opposite of what you really want.

2) Kickoffs - Myself, I usually like to kick left (as i'm better at kicking to that side for some reason) forcing the returner to start out coming up the side, not leaving him as much room to work with as he would if I kick in the middle. Of course in the game, if you choose kick left your team goes to the right and vice versa. So once again, you have to choose the opposite side.

3) Defensive audibles - Seems they don't realize that the left side of the defense is the right side of the offense and vice versa. When you hit the coverage audible button it shows to move right stick to right to blitz the ROLB & move left to blitz the LOLB. Well, it's the other way around. I didn't realize this at first, but kept wondering why when I told my ROLB to blitz it ended up being my LOLB that blitzed and the ROLB kept his initial coverage. So to try and figure out the problem, one time after blitzing one of my LBs, I brought up the playart and saw what was happening. I actually like that it blitzes the LOLB when moving the stick to the right and blitzes the ROLB when moving the stick to the left, since that is the side of the field they are on as you look at the TV screen and causes less confusion instead of needing to remember to move the opposite way, but if you don't know this and go by what the screen tells you then you end up blitzing the wrong guy.

None of those are really that big of a deal, but it's still things that are wrong. I just wondered why no one has ever mentioned them when I continually see everyone complain about this so-called "robo-QB" which can clearly be fixed via the sliders and good play-calling & execution by the human. No "robo-QB" in my games, heck, it took me forever to get the sliders adjusted correctly to even get the CPU up to a realistic completion percentage. I was holding the CPU to pathetically low percentages, but I finally got it adjusted so the CPU is now completing a good percentage of passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #2

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: So many things backwards in game, haven't seen anyone mention them

Probably because its not backwards when you look at it from the defenses prespective. It lists a guy as a RE but with the way they show the game on field it might appear he is lined up as the LE, but thats because its not based on what you see on the screen, its based on what you would see if you were getting the POV from the defensive side of the ball.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: So many things backwards in game, haven't seen anyone mention them

The RE is the end on the same side as the LT no matter how you look at it. You can look at it from behind the offense, from behind the defense, from up above, from either sideline, even plant a camera in the ground and look straight up. The right side of the defense is on the left side of the offense, the left side of the defense is on the right side of the offense, that's how it is no matter where you're looking from.

Like I said, none of these things are that big of a deal as long as you know about it, but with all of the nit-picking, whining, and crying that goes on about everything else it just baffles me that things like this have never been brought up, especially since a lot of things people complain about can be fixed with the sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »