Home

Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

This is a discussion on Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #49
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Will EA ever fix Injured Reserve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
"fix the injured reserve" and "fix challenges (so we can choose what is challenged)" and "fix OL/DL interaction as well as reciever/DB interaction"...those aren't really easy "fixes" per se...those actually have to be brand new features and changes.
How are fundamental elements in football a "feature"? ol/dl interaction? is a feature?...this is football 101,same as wr/cb interaction.

Want a back of the box "feature" for 2010?....."Authentic NFL gamplay"
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 10-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #50
SC**NC*!

DrStrangepork's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
The back of this years box says "Most Authentic Gameplay Ever" right next to the picture of Eli with his hand on the wrong side of the football.

Talk about irony.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Because I don't want to tell you something is fixed until it is actually fixed. That's like my one "golden rule" on these forums is to not talk about something being done until I see it myself at 100% completion in the game.
Thanks for not lying to us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
IMHO, those are fixes I put in bold, as they are features of the game that currently exist, but do not work properly. Anyway, it's a little unfair to take exerpts from other topics, that make it sound like I am just flaming, when they are in response to other peoples displeasures for the most part, but whatever.

I guess if I've gotten under your skin to the point where you feel it is a "vendetta" of yours to make the game better, then you need thicker skin, my man. Tell me where I have stated anything that is untrue (other than the backwards compatability) and I will gladly retract my statements....

I think if I sold you something for 50-60 bucks every year for several years and it didn't work properly or had issues that you never expected, you would be more than a little pissed off at me, too....and if I kept hyping about "next year" and didn't deliver, what would your opinion of me be? I realize YOU personally didn't make and sell me the games...but you are now THE face of EA here on these forums, so if I were you, I would've expected a little backlash.

Anyway, if my remarks bother you that much, hey, I'll quit posting. I'm sorry if I misunderstood....I thought you wanted our true opinions and feelings about the game.
Dude, I am not mad at you, or accusing you of being untruthful either. I want you to keep posting as you have. However, I'm stating a fact - you are very critical, more-so than most. Bezo is too. This isn't a character flaw...it's 100% understandable. Neither of you bought Madden 09, so I have a personal goal of making a game that makes both of you PERSONALLY happy...I'm not sure why, but that statement seems to be offending you.

I don't want you to feel like this is an honor or anything, but based on your critiques and feedback, you do have a unique position of being someone that the lead designer constantly monitors and follows with a personal goal of pleasing you...I don't think you should feel slighted or offended because of that.

Hope that clears things up. Keep doing what you're doing.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 10-08-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
How are fundamental elements in football a "feature"? ol/dl interaction? is a feature?...this is football 101,same as wr/cb interaction.

It's kind of semantics...you won't hear me sell them as "new features" - I'm not into that marketing/PR spin stuff. But the fact is that both of those areas need pretty large overhauls...not just small fixes and tweaks...so that's why I refereed to them as such.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by treq21
You must have a lot of patience, Ian. Thanks for listening to us complain, even if it is your job.
I've learned it over the years at MaddenMania.

Also - FYI - this isn't part of my job. But Phil and I both felt someone had to do it...the silence was deafening for those many years.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 10

Ian so whats the chances we get something similar to LIVE DNA for madden next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ian so whats the chances we get something similar to LIVE DNA for madden next year
In my own thoughts, I highly doubt it. Not tryna say that we'll never get it, but with all the other things people want fixed for next year, It just seems out of reach.
I have no clue on how difficult it was to integrate the feature into Live, but with the additional players on a single football team compared to an NBA team, it seems like a demanding thing to see for next year.
I could be wrong but seeing how much needs to changed/fixed that went wrong, or never got addressed feels like the main focus so far for 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »