Home

Formation Audibles

This is a discussion on Formation Audibles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Formation Audibles

I am not sure what version of madden it was, but when i lined up, say in spread formation, with one back and four wide outs, and the defense came to the line with 8 in the box, basically leaving one or two of my wide outs with no one on them, i could audible to a pass route right then and there, without shirting my formation.

is this still in the game?

i came up to the line, i knew they were blitzing, i had a spread situation, and i was set to do a run up the middle. however, when i called an audible, my formation shifted, and the defense now had a guy on everyone.

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Formation Audibles

u just press the Y or Triangle button then the RS in the direction of the type of pass play u want(PA, Q pass, D Pass)
Old 10-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

i just tried it. when i hit triangle, it wants to go into hot route mode. however, pushing right stick in any direction, does nothing. any ideas what the key combo is on the PS3 to work.

thanks
Old 10-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

It didn't work for you because it's X that you press, which would be Square on the PS3. After pressing the X or Square (depending on your version), move the right stick left - PA Pass, Up - Quick Pass, Right - Deep Pass, or Down - Run play.

Was definitely glad they put this in the "next gen" versions, it's been missing for the last 3 years.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteLordz
i just tried it. when i hit triangle, it wants to go into hot route mode. however, pushing right stick in any direction, does nothing. any ideas what the key combo is on the PS3 to work.

thanks
hit the audible button...then there will be a menu that will bring up some options such as quick pass...i think that is what you are looking for, i use it quite a bit...it depends on what formation you are in but it usually results in some quick slants over the middle...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Can you set custom formation audibles? Like assign different plays than the default to the right stick?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Can you set custom formation audibles? Like assign different plays than the default to the right stick?

No. They are what they are, you can only customize your 5 pre-set audibles, not the formation audibles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »