Home

After playing the PS3 version for about 2 months and the PS2 version about 5 days....

This is a discussion on After playing the PS3 version for about 2 months and the PS2 version about 5 days.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: After playing the PS3 version for about 2 months and the PS2 version about 5 days

Just thought that I would post a few stats after the first half of my opening preseason game vs the 49ers(oh yeah, did I mention that I love the in game saves feature)

These stats on are default All-Madden with 15 minute quarters using the accelerated clock(love that too)

Score is 24-14 49ers leading. I gave up two big plays due to button malfunctions. Meaning, I got crossed up on what the buttons do. Its tough switching from NG to LG.

Total yards:

SF: 229
OAK: 118

Rushing yards:

SF: 40
OAK: 93

Passing yards:

SF: 189
OAK: 25 (4 sacks)

Penalties:

SF: 2 for 20 yards
OAK: 5 for 26 yards

These are the stats that I think people will enjoy

Passing:

J****ssell: 2/7 for 3 yards
A.Walter: 5/7 for 57 yards and a TD

J. O'Sullivan: 12/27 for 189yds 3 TD and 1 Int

Rushing:

D.McFadden: 8 carries for 46 yards
J. Fargas: 7 carries for 29 yards
A. Walter: 1 carry for 8 yards
M.Bush: 3 carries for 6 yards
Griffith: 1 carry for 4 yards

F.Gore: 7 carries for 36 yards
Z.Keasey: 1 carry for 4 yards

Of course as always, the pancake blocks are out of control, but its something I easily overlook. And if interested, I generated quite a bit of pressure on O'Sullivan in the latter part of the first half, once I got the pass rushing technique down and started getting better at disguising coverages and bringing "hidden blitzes".

They ran a total of 35 plays, I ran a total of 34 plays. Some great plays in the half. T.Howard intercepted a tipped pass and took it to the house for a pick 6 from 27 yards out. Asomugha has been burned twice by Issac Bruce(the ageless wonder) resulting in 2 big play TD's. McFadden had a run where I bounced outside, made a defender miss and then stiffed armed another on my way to a 33 yard scamper.

One other thing I forgot that I love about the PS2 version is the score ticker at the bottom of the screen during my franchise games.

I'll finish up the 2nd half tomorrow before MNF. I love the save game feature. Hopefully it makes its way to the PS3/360 next year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 10-05-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: After playing the PS3 version for about 2 months and the PS2 version about 5 days

Is the quick pass still there if so is it hard to stop?

How is online play?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #27
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alighteye
Is the quick pass still there if so is it hard to stop?

How is online play?
I am not sure what you mean by "quick pass". If you are talking about quick slants, yes they can be hard to stop, but shading your DB to play the inside of the receiver really helps tremedously. Also bump and run helps as well.

And I don't play online....sorry.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #28
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

can you shade inside and out on ps2.. if so how?
Old 10-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #29
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
can you shade inside and out on ps2.. if so how?
yes.

Hit the triangle button to bring up the secondary audibles, press the corresponding button icon of the receiver you wish to shade inside/outside and then press the correct button. Its setup to shade left or right(L1/R1), but thats simple to know which one to choose for what you are trying to do. Also, you can use this secondary audible to have your defender covering him to either bump and run or play off. Now these things only work for man to man coverage.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #30
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Man, i wish my Ps3 was backwards compatible, I've been wanting to try 09 on the ps2 but im not gonna go buy a ps2 just for madden
Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Man, i wish my Ps3 was backwards compatible, I've been wanting to try 09 on the ps2 but im not gonna go buy a ps2 just for madden
why is your ps3 not backwards compatible?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
why is your ps3 not backwards compatible?
He's probably got an old 40 gig version. Only the 60 and 80 gig PS3's are backwards-compatible.(They have stopped making 40 gig...)

*on topic*
I just read a user review on Gamespot who mentioned "you can see water spray off the helmets during rain games", and there's a "deep franchise mode to keep you busy".

Also, searching Youtube, I've seen a couple vids that DO show the refs as well as REAL animated sidelines.

I just may spend $40 bucks and check this one out. Thanks CB!

Last edited by Segagendude; 10-06-2008 at 12:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »