Home

Player Progression Mythbusters

This is a discussion on Player Progression Mythbusters within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Player Progression Mythbusters

I don't know if this is related to progression, but the problem of losing the players draft position when editing still exists. I was hoping that would be fixed. Did that have something to do with the lack of progression?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
After the first season there are 12 players that progress to a 99 speed rating. After season 2, there are 30 players with a 99 speed rating. Players routinely jump up 4-5 points in the speed category. Matt Forte after 2 seasons, 99 speed. So now in my franchise Devin Hester and Matt Forte are the same speed. AWESOME!
Does age have an effect on the speed increases? Does it only happen to younger players or can any player receiver a boost to their speed atribute? Like you say that players progress the most during their first three years and then the rate slows down. Is it only in these first three years when a increase to speed can happen or can it happen at any age?
Old 10-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #11
Rookie

This progression system is just plain crazy! I'll hav to ask my kid brother if he had anything to do with this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer
Does age have an effect on the speed increases? Does it only happen to younger players or can any player receiver a boost to their speed atribute? Like you say that players progress the most during their first three years and then the rate slows down. Is it only in these first three years when a increase to speed can happen or can it happen at any age?

It can happen at any age, but it only happens drastically to players in their first three seasons. You will only see the 4 and 5 point jumps in speed to young guys (guys in their 1st 3 years). After that it'll only be 1 point increases, and those are sparse.

The problem is if you have a player that is between 90-92 speed in his 1st year, it is very likely that he will increase 3-4 points in speed each of the next two seasons. (Aka 97-99 speed rating)

My problem with this is that guys can get faster, but you'll never see a guy completely change his speed category. You will never refer to a power back with decent speed out of college as the fastest player in the NFL after a couple of seasons. (Jonathan Stewart in the 2nd year of my franchise)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »